I bought myself a little bling. :)

trudylam
on 8/20/11 5:06 am - Sudbury, Canada
When I lost 50 pounds I ordered a medical bracelet to celebrate.  I am so glad that they are so much prettier than they used to be. :)

StevesGal
on 8/20/11 5:09 am - Hamilton, Canada
Very nice!  Where did you get it from?

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

trudylam
on 8/20/11 5:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
I ordered it from Ebay...I love Ebay :)  I couldn't find the selection I was looking for here so I thought I would check to see what was available online.  I like that I can order different bracelets to switch it up a bit.  
StevesGal
on 8/20/11 5:22 am - Hamilton, Canada

Thanks.  Gotta check it out.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Marny B.
on 8/20/11 9:31 am - Canada

Also try www.etsy.com  It is a website devoted to people who "craft" and they have slews of different people who make the ID bracelets in so many different ways, it is hard to choose. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

KristieA
on 8/20/11 6:54 am - Orillia, Canada
Good for you Trudy. I did the same thing. I ordered mine from Laurenshope.com. (Lauren's Hope). They have such great stuff now-a-days.

Congrats on 50lbs!

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

trudylam
on 8/20/11 7:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks Kristie! :)  I ordered it when I hit 50 pounds, it too****il 66 to actually get here. LOL  I looked at Lauren's Hope too, they do have some beautiful stuff!  
joanne_1970
on 8/20/11 6:56 am - Harriston, Canada
Do some of the centers recommend a bracelet?
I asked my family doctor and she said I didn't need it then I asked Dr Reed when I had my consult with him and he said no also.  He said there is no reason for it in his view so just wondered.

PatXYZ
on 8/20/11 7:26 am
Most of the centres say it is unneccesary, but up to the individual to decide. One thing we were told at the support group is that the only thing is should say is "RNY Gastric Bypass". You don't want to confuse the emergency medical personel by putting "no nsiads" or "no sugar" on it because these are things in an emergency that may be needed to save your life (like if you're blood sugar is too low and you've passed out for sugar, or right after a heart attack or stroke for nsaids). Hopefully they'd have the sense to ignore it, but if they didn't it could cost you your life and I don't think it's worth the risk.
Megan M.
on 8/20/11 8:14 am - Canada
It's beautiful, Trudy.  Do you mind sharing the vendor you got it from?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics