NSV yesterday

trudylam
on 8/14/11 12:46 am - Sudbury, Canada
Actually there were a couple.  I rode my husband's bike to take the kids on a bike ride.  I haven't been on a bike ride in about 20 years.  The only problem is, now I am going to have to buy a bike for myself.  One with a seat on it that doesn't hurt my bum! OUCH!  Then when we got back I sat on the sidewalk and drew pictures with sidewalk chalk.  That was a victory in itself because I have never done that for fear that I wouldn't be able to get back up again! LOL  Well I got up and it was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be.  I am 11 weeks out tomorrow and I am down 65lbs.  This was a 5 pound week so I am pretty happy with that.  It's amazing what this surgery has done for my confidence.  

Have a great day everyone :)  
Trudy. :)

Megan M.
on 8/14/11 12:50 am - Canada
It's great that we look better, but it's the other victories, like riding a bike, gaining confidence, not being afraid to do things, that are the delicious frosting on the cake (of course, I'm talking imaginary cake, LOL)

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Moselle
on 8/14/11 1:16 am - Athens, Canada
Good for you Trudy. There will be many more NSV's and wow's to come.  Keep up the good work and enjoy the sweet taste of success.
sam1am
on 8/14/11 1:16 am
 Awesome NSV's and you have so many yet to come!

Congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Donnaslifepart2
on 8/14/11 2:28 am - Canada
Congrats on the 65 lbs gone!  How fun to be able to forget yourself and be a kid again.  I'll bet your kids were thrilled to have you play with them like THAT!
Most Active
Recent Topics