support groups in Hamilton

Pam B.
on 8/11/11 11:32 am
I am still waiting for my surgery date, but would like to know if there are any support groups in Hamilton.  And can you begin going before your surgery or do you have to wait until after.  I know that these are kind of dumb questions, but I have to put it out there!
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:31 am - Canada
There is an informal monthly Coffee Chat group that gets together every 4th Thursday in downtown Hamilton.

I wasn't planning on holding it this month (it would be next Thursday) as there is a bigger get together on the Saturday, organized by Karen M.  However if you want to chat and have burning questions, I'd be quite happy to set it up!

It's usually held at the Mulberry St. Coffee House at 193 James St. N. at Mulberry, across from the Armoury.

I'm sure we can get some folks out - Highlandbear (Barb - two years + out), Steve's Gal (Beth + 2 months out) and I (9 months out) are regulars and there is a good supporting group of folks  who are in various stages of assessment and post-surgery phase...

And believe me, we DON'T sugar coat the reality of things...

Let me know if you're interested!
Pam B.
on 8/12/11 3:20 am

what times do you usually meet?

Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 3:35 am - Canada

Every 4th Thursday at 7:30 pm...

lexxiblue
on 8/12/11 2:58 am
RNY on 01/11/12
hey... never a dumb question... i went to the support groups.. myke's in hamilton (as that's where i live)... yasmeen's in burlington and karen's in mississauga - even ventured to one out in niagara falls BEFORE i even got my orientation date!  so.. go to them.. they are great and you can learn so very very much and meet some great people and see their awesome weight losses.. it's so very encouraging! i've seen the nurse and dietiation and was so full of knowledge but still had questions!! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 3:05 am - Canada
Are you up for a coffee chat Thursday the 18th?  I was going to avoid it because of Karen M's luncheon but if folks want to get out chat and join me in celebrating...I'm more than willing to arrange it!
Pam B.
on 8/12/11 3:18 am
Hi Myke,
Unfortunately I cannot make it on the 18th
  Pam
GD6
on 8/12/11 6:52 am, edited 8/12/11 6:56 am - Hamilton, Canada
I think someone is taking over the Find your weigh group that meets in the East end of Hamilton.

Myself and some of the Find your weigh group get together at various locations once or twice a month. We haven't been getting together too often lately as I'm too busy hiking and doing other things to sit down for coffee  :0)  So when we do meet it's really a last minute thing when I find a spare evening to get together.

Tonight we're meeting at Williams Coffee at the Discovery Centre at 6 pm, you are most welcome to join us.

I started attending meetings 10 months before I had surgery.  I found it very informative and really helped me to KNOW that this was the path I wanted/needed to take so that there was no last minute change of heart as I was being wheeled into the OR.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active
Recent Topics