protein powder or skim milk powder

cscharlie
on 8/11/11 6:13 am
what do the experienced ones around here recommend for post surgery?  I've read about adding either unflavoured protein powder or skim milk powder on some of your foods to up your protein intake?  Which is more favoured I guess is what I'm asking...

Also, anyone have any input on Premiere nutrition protein shakes from Costco?  I got them so as to  have easy ready made just measure out protein drinks for post surgery. 

Thanks guys, guess I just want to make sure I've got all bases covered before Tuesday!
Brenda

now onto living!
birdiegirl
on 8/11/11 6:49 am
Hi

Good for you for getting what you need post surgery now....you might even want to get some products in for when you get to the pureed stage like re-fried beans and creme soups

I would ust protein powder as I am sure it has more protein in it than skim milk powder. plus you may find yourself lactose intolerant post surgery

I know many people like the premier shakes....I havent tried them myself but that is only because I havent been to costco in ages

Good luck next tuesday

Barb

PatXYZ
on 8/11/11 6:49 am
100% Whey protein isolate is the best source of protein and I believe that is what's in the Premier Costco shakes. You can find unflavoured whey protein isolate at GNC or Popeye's.
Dollface-1981
on 8/11/11 10:04 pm - Newmarket, Canada
  Weider Fruit Splash is great... I drink it every day and have for the past two months.. it tastes like the peach juice from M&Ms.....  I have found it at Shoppers and at Walmart and have been told that its at Costco as well.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Most Active