TMI* embarrassing question

MrsJButler
on 8/11/11 12:22 am - Canada
 Hey everyone, is anyone else not totally embarrassed by what thier stomach looks like. For years iv had this "double stomach" , and by that I mean a pocket where my pants have sat for so long its like an indent in my skin...its gross and has bumps all over it and almost a purple colour...I wish I knew a way to clean it up before surgery. I also cant see well enough to clean up my "area down there" so im embarrassed about that as well. 
Karen M.
on 8/11/11 12:30 am, edited 8/11/11 12:30 am - Mississauga, Canada
Don't worry about your stomach's appearance pre-op, plenty of time for it to either improve itself or to get plastics done if you choose to.

To your other quandary - get an Intuition razor (the one that has the solid shaving cream surrounding the blades). You don't need to *see* what you're doing, just go by feel. The surrounding solid will protect your skin. Might be worth a try.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 8/11/11 1:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i HATE my stomach. I hated benig intimate with my hubby, because he's a toucher, and would keep touching my stomach, and it just reminded me of how gross it is.

Try to remember, no matter what your 'situation' is, they've seen worse. Don't worry about it (i know, easy to say). Your area down there is similar to a lot of ours, so please, don't think you're the only one with an ugly stomach and a nasty 'area".lol

You're on your way to becoming the beautiful person you know you are.  hugs on your ugly belly.

MrsJButler
on 8/11/11 2:30 am, edited 8/11/11 2:30 am - Canada
 Thanks so much guys. I really do appreciate the comments.
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:42 am - Guelph, Canada
 this may be TMI... along with the intuition that Karen suggested I went to walmart and bought the cheapest mend beard razor I could find,,, the one with the guards on it to trim his beard to different lengths, its a rechargable one for like 20 bucks and i stand in the tub (no water) and I "trim" and then after I will use the intuition and do a bikini "landing zone: cut I think they call it... its not pretty as I am working with a mirror and going by feel... I also find the hand help shower head is fantastic for cleaning up the hair afterward... if I want a longer lasting bikini cut i will use veet, or nair but i never leave it on for more then 5 minutes I dont have corse hair though..

Sweet C.
on 8/11/11 4:19 am - Woodslee, Canada
Hubby would kill me if he found i posted this on here but you know what I have gotten his help to shave down there. I dont ask him often but when i did he was fine with it..ME on the other hand was totally embarassed. but its worth it.. usually i just go by feel like others have said.  Good luck and don't worry about it the surgeons have definetly seen worse I am sure.

happypants
on 8/11/11 6:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
Your hubby probably wishes you would ask him more often lol Its one thing you don't have to ask more than once :)

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

jdance
on 8/12/11 5:44 am - Canada
Well at least your asleep when they do the surgery. so you won't have to be embarassed. They likely don't even look anyway, they focus on the surgery and that's it.

If you're like me, i hated and avoided going for a PAp test because I was so embarassed. Got an appointment for October for that and I don't give a flying fig about it anymore. Oh yes,  I still have a line when the pants go but it's much better than it was before.

a panni afterwards will take care of that.

Most Active
Recent Topics