Protein Powder - need some help

Sher1ock
on 8/11/11 12:13 pm - Canada
I am living off of Isopure - a flavoured protein water (make sure you get the no sugar ones with blue band on label. I get it at food basics. I also use Whey Gourmet Ice Tea mix, which I get at Bulk Barn.

flyingwoman
on 8/11/11 1:08 pm
I love Syntrax Nectar.

Cappuchino in my morning coffee, Vanilla Torte in my chai, Iced Tea in my Crystal Light. 26 g protein, 90 cals, 0 carbs, mixes with a spoon. Available at low carb grocery and supplements canada
Becky D.
on 8/11/11 1:30 pm - North Bay, Canada
I buy the chocolate Life Brand - no sugar Whey Protein Isolate - Red/yellow jug !
It is tolerable for sure - not expensive
Protein is 37g
Sugars 0
Carbs 3g

Does the trick, but nothing fancy.
Referral Spring/10 ~ Questionnaire Dec 27/10 ~ HRRH Info Session Jan 31/11 ~       Surgeon mtg/Gastric Class April 29/11 ~ Dietician/Social Worker May 30/11 ~
Dr. STARR meeting May 31/11
 ~ INTERNIST JULY 18 / PATTS JULY 19 ~ 
SURGERY AUGUST 19, 2011         My ANGEL is Karen M  

PatXYZ
on 8/11/11 1:32 pm
Try the Weider Fruit Splash available at Shoppers, it is 100% whey protein isolate, but is like a mango-peach punch, it's great.
Dollface-1981
on 8/11/11 10:02 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I agree!  Weider Fruit Splash is great... I drink it every day and have for the past two months.. it tastes like the peach juice from M&Ms.....  I have found it at Shoppers and at Walmart and have been told that its at Costco as well.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Arttina
on 8/12/11 1:36 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
That's not the Whey Gourmet brand is it? That's what I would recommend. They sell it at Bulk Barn and Independant grocery stores. I love it! It's vanilla ice cream flavored too but it's fab!! I think most of the others taste like chalk too. Gross!!!!
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

jdance
on 8/12/11 5:10 am - Canada
If you every get to Costco in the US, they sell this one, Exclusive to the US stores and i swear by it.

from the makers of Muscle Milk,
100% Whey, concentrated & isolated Whey protein.
27g protein
80 servings,
6lb bag.
comes in vanilla or chocolate. It's to Die for. I have to get a friend to get me two bags each time. and it's a heck of alot cheaper. Only $30 a bag.

I add fruit to it and ice and mix it with my blender. LOVE IT..

JennR
on 8/12/11 5:33 am
I have heard good things about Body Fortress brand that is carried by Walmart. I buy Six Star protein powder at Walmart and I enjoy the taste of the chocolate flavour.

sam1am
on 8/12/11 10:21 am
Marion and I like Bio X Extreme Whey Protein Isolate Natural (unflavoured).  I mix it with my milk then add it to my coffee.  With a lid on my coffee I can't smell or taste it!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active