Protein Powder - need some help

jcasb5
on 8/11/11 10:23 am
I went to Costco and bought this Whey Isolate - vanilla ice cream flavor. More like rubber/latex/chalk flavor. It's horrible, I cannot eat it. As you know, we need to get lots of protein in, and I can't stomach this crap.

So....

Does anyone have a good tasting protein powder I can add to smoothies, or soups or other things so I can get more protein in?

Any good tasting (or non tasting) protein powder out there?
Tanya T.
on 8/11/11 10:33 am
Everyone suggests the Premier protein shakes at Costco.  They are premade and have 30g of protein per shake and only available at Costco in Chocolate. If you can return the one you have and try them. I have bought 2 cases for after my surgery Monday. Good Luck!

Tanya

happypants
on 8/11/11 10:37 am - Ottawa, Canada
The Costco pre made shakes are the only ones I can handle. 30g of protein and ready when you are. They are 24.99 for 18x355....

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Allyson A.
on 8/11/11 11:06 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Hi John,

I could not get past the smell of the Whey myself. I spoke to the surgeon and told him that I found a protein drink that was not a whey isolate but has 35grams of protein per drink. He said it was fine and the ultimate goal was to get my protein from foods when the time comes and everything is healed.

I found the protein drink at Zellers Pharmacy of all places. It is made by Weider and called Pure Pro. Tastes like Nestle Quik.

I did however buy it in the Burlington Zellers and was hoping to find it at the Kingston store but they don;t carry it. They said if I brought in one of the cans they would gladly order some in for me.

Just a thought.

Allyson
HW 318  SW 291 

Megan M.
on 8/11/11 11:08 am - Canada
I find protein shakes really hard to get down, I think because they're too thick for me.  But I've started using Whey Kool from GNC (there are probably other similar products).  It's mixed with water, I add some ice and let it cool - it's like a juice/kool-aid type of drink (got mango-peach, don't know if there are other flavours).  Has 21 grams protein per scoop.  Mix 1 scoop with 450 ml water.  I love it.  Also, it's not overly sweet.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Leslie W.
on 8/11/11 11:09 am - Cobourg, Canada
syntrax nectar is also pretty good. Not too thick. I like the lemonade and strawberry kwee

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Pam B.
on 8/11/11 11:11 am
I have also seen some people post on here to get 100% whey protein isolate unflavoured at GNC.  I haven't had my surgery yet, but have been watching the posts on here and that is what someone had suggested.
Hope this helps!
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
jcasb5
on 8/11/11 11:28 am
Thanks all. I have costcos premixed choc ones - they are tolerable, and I'll take your advice and go to GNC and see if there is a tasteless one.

I hate having to buy the big ass can to find out I don't like it!!

)
happypants
on 8/11/11 9:35 pm, edited 8/11/11 9:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I've tried the unflavored ones from Popeye's,  its enough to gag a maggot. I took it back. In my opinion I would go for the "juice" types instead (Syntrax) Not as much protein but you should be eating a healthy diet by now right?
Good luck!

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

canadian.girl71
on 8/11/11 11:31 am - London, Canada
I absolutely LOVE Kaizen Natural Whey Protein, I get it at GNC or spartan nutrition, the Vanilla Ice Cream or chocolate are my favorite, no after taste!

SW -334
GW -180
CW -163
Panni Approval June 22,2010
Panni Removal Surgery Date Oct 6,2010 YIPEE!

Most Active