It kind of confuses me.....

pinkjellybean
on 8/11/11 12:08 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
You go girl!!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Eileen C.
on 8/10/11 11:16 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Pinkjellybean

We can understand your concerns about all the tests everyone is having and you are not.

A lot has to do with the type of issues you are having, any issue with high blood pressure, diabetic,

snoring, heart issues, if you haven't or have any of the issues then they will want to confirm through

tests that you are healthy for surgery. 

My gp would not sign for me to have surgery because I had a heart attack in 1995 and thought that I

should have tests to prove that the stress of the surgery would not cause another heart attack, a

simple stress test she could have ordered would have cleared that up but she was not fully

understanding the surgery and the procedure in order to complete the form that would okay me for

surgery.  When I went to another doctor, thank God, she ordered a strees test right away and advised
me that the stress test was harder on me then the surgery would be and she filled out the form for

surgery.

So everyone is different, we all have our stories and our complaints, etc, we hall have different tests

and the out come could be different for each of us.  The important thing is if you need certain tests

you will have them before surgery to make sure you are healthy enough to have the surgery etc.

Take care and good luck, it shouldn't be long for you now

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
pinkjellybean
VSG on 01/25/12
Thanks so much Eileen...that made perfect sense!

imagenthat
on 8/10/11 11:17 pm - Bolton, Canada
Don't stress. I didn't have any other tests either.

Traci

pinkjellybean
VSG on 01/25/12
Thanks Traci - that's reassuring....since you are doing so awesome!!  : )

Most Active