Bra sizes

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:19 am - Guelph, Canada
 I suggest EVERYONE find a good bra fitting place and get measured at least 2X a year (more for WLS patients) 

the store I go to NEVER pressures me into buying a bra there although I find they are cheaper and better made then additionelle or penningtons... 

Dont go to Sears or Penningtons or Additionelle for a bra fitting although they are trained they are only generally trained and what I mean by that is they are trained in a way that all bras fit the same.. when they do not!.. I find by going to a proper bra shop they know how each style fits and whats bets fro what frame and cut of the bra... I NEVER found a bra to fit me right and I have been fitted by all of the above mentioned stores and then the bra shop fitted me and addressed WHY wires cut into my ribs and for the same price as other retailers I have some amazing bras that are not torture devices!

I go to Vicanie's in Guelph.. dont misunderstand they do have the $100 bras but they have a lot of reasonable bras too for the everyday wear. 

http://www.vicanies.com/Photo-Album.php?pageType=folder&curr Dir=./Guelph

thunderwoman
on 8/11/11 3:43 am - Canada
congrats on your new unmentionables although i would say victoria's secret here we come!!!  i tried the link you have attached and it takes me to the surgery site.  is there another one you were referring to?  like you mine are diminishing. love it.

look_out_world
on 8/11/11 3:43 am - Canada
 I'm so excited to one day own a pretty bra, but I dread  being fitted for one because I'm sure that bra's don't come in DD LONG!!!  

trudylam
on 8/11/11 3:44 am - Sudbury, Canada
Sorry everyone, I posted the wrong link.  I can't seem to edit the posting to correct it so I will just add it here. :)

http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php
Pam B.
on 8/11/11 4:40 am
I am actually happy that you posted the wrong link at first.  I have seen some videos of the surgery, but this by far is the best and most informative.  Thank you so much!!
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
Sandie_W
on 8/11/11 4:02 am - Elliot Lake, Canada
I found that when I was finished losing weight, I was a 36D extra long! lol
Sweet C.
on 8/11/11 4:13 am - Woodslee, Canada
see this is where i am totally scared.. I had a breast reduction 19 years ago i was then about a 46DDD roughly lol i lost 10lbs from that surgery alone.. i am now and have been since the surgery a 46B ( try finding a bra in that size, few and far between let me tell u ) ... Now however since my surgery they are sagging BIG TIME..and i am loosing them.. my biggest fear is i had the reduction and now I will have to eventually have some BOOBS put in lol.. trust me i will prolly be going for plastics and if I do i might as well get both done ( abdomen and boobs ) lol ... god this is gonna cost me a fortune. 

mamaty
on 8/11/11 4:45 am
I cant wait for mine to get smaller, I bought a new bra last night at addition elle and it it honestly the comfiest bra I have owned in a long time. I have went down a band size to a 40DDD but am really looking forward to dropping a couple cup sizes...
sassygurl
on 8/11/11 4:51 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada
I had a breast reduction prior to WLS. I was a 40H, then down to a 40D. I am down 112 lbs and the girls are now a 36C. Luckily, they haven't suffered too much with the weight loss.

I went to Victoria's Secret and had the best bra fitting experience ever. They take you to the fitting rooms and you are assigned a fitter. They measure you and then bring you a whole box with about 10 different styles to try on. They are usually in beige so that you don't get overwhelmed by colour. Once you figure out the best style for your needs, they will gladly take you and select all the pretty colours. So much fun!!!!! I highly recommend it.
Rachel O.
on 8/11/11 5:43 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
I don't wanna lose my boobies I must say thats the only thing I don't really like about going through with the WLS. Right now I am a 40 I. Yes I said I. lol Went to one place and they said I was a K but didn't think so. I am ok with going down a cpl sizes but still like the girls.
Most Active
Recent Topics