Bra sizes

trudylam
on 8/11/11 12:54 am - Sudbury, Canada
As time goes on and inches come off, I am realizing that I need new bras!  I had no idea what size to get so I pulled up an online bra size calculator to see.  Much to my surprise, I have been wearing the wrong size bra for years!  Here's the link if you would like to check for yourself.  I encourage every woman to wear the right size! LOL

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8636464984047127563

Monica M.
on 8/11/11 1:18 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I was wearing 42DD at the beginning of this whole thing. I started out by doing them up tighter, then, because most of them were pretty worn out anyway, bought some new ones at 40DD, then realized the cups were too big, and now i'm doing those 40's up on the tighest thingie. I bought a sports bra in a 40D. Weird!!!
Am i really edging into a 38??? II havent been a 38 anything since before i had my kids (almost 20 yrs ago). This is craziness, i tell you!!!

trudylam
on 8/11/11 1:23 am - Sudbury, Canada
LOL, I have never paid this close attention to my boobs!  I always thought I was a C and when I just did my measurements it says I am a DD.  Hubby is really happy about that! LOL
Monica M.
on 8/11/11 1:25 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol men!!! my hubby's not to happy about the shrinking going on in that area, but i'm friggin ecstatic!!! I wonder if i'll get to a C? thats freaking crazy talk. lol

Gabygee
on 8/11/11 1:28 am - Canada
Yup - been a 44DD for lo these 25 years.
Now I'm a 38 D or 38DD depending on the model - and the best part of all - they can be PRETTY!
Woohoo!

Monica M.
on 8/11/11 1:33 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i've got a couple of pretty ones!! its so nice to be able to choose nice ones with pretty patterns instead of those ugly old yucky ones. I coudl really go crazy, but i'm waiting till they settle down to a particular size lol

bogie
on 8/11/11 2:22 am - Canada
I think you put in the wrong link. That was definitely not a bra fitting video. It is however a very detailed video of the RNY surgery. It is definitely not for the faint of heart but very informative if you actually want to know what they due during the surgery. Viewer discretion is advised!!!!
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

Megan M.
on 8/11/11 2:26 am - Canada
Bra fitters will tell you that most women are wearing the wrong cup size.  It's not unusual to find that the C cup you've been wearing for years should actually have been a DD!  Since we're all losing weight, I agree that a proper fitting is in order so that when the girls are bound, they're in the right place!  After you take the bra off is another matter entirely!! LOL!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Tanya T.
on 8/11/11 3:00 am
Good one Megan!!  So true!!!

Tanya

StevesGal
on 8/11/11 3:10 am - Hamilton, Canada
Pennington's will measure you for free.  You just need to go in and ask!

And yes, you're right.  It's been reported that 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size.  And the more frustrating part is that, for most women, one breast is slightly smaller, so a 'perfect' cup size isn't possible!  That's probably why so many wear the wrong size - fitting to the smaller cup rather than the larger.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics