Getting to know you - Stolen from another board

sam1am
on 8/9/11 2:45 am
There are a lot of new people lately (welcome ), so I thought that we were due for another getting to know you post.

Tell us 10 things about yourself:

1. I have blue eyes.
2. I have dirty blond hair with more blond highlights that I just cut a little shorter and I'm loving it and getting lots of compliments on it.
3. I am much more like the Sandy of 20 years ago, that was outgoing. The overweight Sandy avoided eye contact when possible.
4. I am afraid of heights and can get that sinking feeling in my stomach just thinking about them.
5. I really don't like any rides at an amusement park except possibly the water ones. I'm basically just a chicken.
6. I am quite lazy unfortunately, but always end up getting the job done eventually.
7. I have been married for almost 28 years.
8. I have a 22 yo son and a 19 yo daughter, both in university right now $$$$$$$$$.
9. I live in a Victorian style brick home built in 1890 which we are almost finished renovating. The kitchen was in March and I am thrilled with the results.
10.I have worked in accounting at the same company for over 25 years.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

sueberman
on 8/9/11 2:58 am
Ok I'll play.

1.  I have hazel eyes, hair color changes depending on my mood and I'm over 50 and very married.
2.  I have 2 kids, 1 of each she's 22 and he's almost 21.
3.  I work at a major university at the north end of Toronto (guess which one it is lol).
4.  I love to be in the water and swimming is my first choice of exercise.
5.  I love animals, we presently have a black great dane and a chihuahua who is pregnant and due in the next week.
6.  Having this surgery has made me a much happier person and I just don't want to sit still anymore.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

trudylam
on 8/9/11 3:09 am - Sudbury, Canada
This sounds like fun!  I'm in! :)

1. I have blue eyes and brown hair.
2. My husband, of almost 9 years,makes fun of me because my feet are bigger than his! lol
3. I am afraid of tornados (really afraid).
4. I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys ages 7 and 4.  Both will be in school full time in a few weeks and I am mostly excited but a little sad about it too.
5.  I have had a few careers in my life...I have sold cars, retail manager, phlebotomist (the vampire girl that draws your blood in the lab) and now I am in college studying human resources.
6. I am so proud of myself for having the courage to have this surgery.
7. I secretly love watching Full House reruns! lol
8. I collect pens, yes pens.  My purse has more than 30 pens of different colours, shapes and sizes at any given time.
9. My favourite band is Queen.
10.  One day, I hope to do a cartwheel again! LOL  (without breaking a hip!)

Monica M.
on 8/9/11 3:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i love pens too!!!! my most favourite thing about working in an office is the office supplies!!
and lipstick. I've sworn off buying any more till i get rid of some. But i can't part with any.

Derek C.
on 8/9/11 3:33 am - North Bay , Canada
Im in ...

1. I have green eyes and curly thick brown hair
2. I work for the Canadian Military - as a civilian  for 11 years - manage a fitness/recreation centre - ohh im bad - i know i know
3. My step daughter has Asperger's and she is th funniest quirkist kid i know - im doing this so i wil be around with her for a long long time
4. I have been married for just under a year - to a woman who i truly adore - we come from the same hometown but i had never seen her there before.
5. My fav band is Pink Floyd
6. I have the best in-laws in the world - supportive - funloving and all around great people
7. For 42 years i thought i was an only child only to find out 3 years ago that i have 6 step brothers and sisters
8. I LOVE to cook - if won the big one - i would open a diner !!
9. I am a people person - i wear my heart on my sleeve and would do almost anything for anyone (within reason)
10. The new derek arrives on August 22nd with a lot of the same traits as above bt well on his way to a new healthy long lasting life

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Monica M.
on 8/9/11 3:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
here we go!! i love learning about people.

1. the colour of my hair depends on what box is on sale when the grey is coming on too strong.
2. I"m finding more of my self as i lose more of what's covering me up.
3. I love reading, but i'm finding that i have very little time for it.
4. I'm redefining myself as a runner.
5. Procrastination is my worst habit. I'll tell you about it later.
6. I have two daughters, nearly 20 years old, who are the best thing i've ever accomplished.
7. My house is up for sale, after nearly 10 years of procrastinating about it.
8. I'm the youngest of 7 kids, 4 brothers and two sisters.
9. i have worked in the same place for 23 years, and i love my job!
10. I love theatre (watching and performing)

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/9/11 5:23 am
savasana
on 8/9/11 3:52 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
1. I'm thirty two but still wonder how all the time passed.
2. I have hazel eyes with long curly dark brown hair.  I won't discuss the silver that is creeping in rapidly.
3. My referral went in just over a year ago and I'm hoping to have surgery by the end of this year (if I pass the nutritionist and social worker this week, fingers crossed).
4. I currently am an assistant manager in the banking industry but I plan to go to culinary school next fall.
5. I am addicted to fibre arts; you will almost always find me knitting but I also sew and spin fibre.
6. I wasn't always obese, I began putting on the weight in my twenties.  I am to this day still surprised at how differently obese and thin people are treated because I've been both.
7. I love canoeing!
8. I have never been overseas but I long to travel far and wide.  Maybe someday finances will allow it.
9. I'm a big animal lover and can't imagine life without at least one dog.
10. I don't want to give up coffee *sniffle*.
sam1am
on 8/9/11 4:11 am
My plan didn't make me give up coffee, in fact I'm drinking one right now!  Maybe yours will allow you to as well?

Here's hoping!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

savasana
on 8/9/11 4:30 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
Oh how lucky!  At all of my classes so far I'm told I have to give it up for at least two months before surgery and I forget how many months afterward.  We were told that the caffeine raises blood pressure and that caffeine specifically isn't good for the pouch post surgery.  It won't be forever and is frankly a small sacrifice...just one to which I'm not looking forward.  (I just finished one too!)
Most Active