50 pounds gone!!!

Dollface-1981
on 8/7/11 11:56 pm - Newmarket, Canada
So here I am... just about two months since surgery.. and I have finally lost 50 pounds!!  I am in desperate need of new pants... and the shirts that have been in my closet for the past year with tags on them.. that I couldn't button around my middle.. finally fit me.. and loosely!  Its so nice to see the changes.. its really good motivation!

I'm having a bit of issues with food now that didn't really bother me at first.. but Ive heard that your pouch gets a bit more sensitive after a few weeks.  Chicken is really had for me.. maybe because its to dry or dense... and breads.. although Ive only tried wraps.. but they do not sit well at all!  A lot of foods have made me feel sick.. but usually it doesn't do so until about 20 minutes after I finish eating.  That makes it hard to know what I can and cant handle... so Ive pretty much stuck with softer foods that I know I can stomach!!!  I guess I'm just sick of feeling sick...

I keep thinking I'm not loosing as fast as I should be... but according to Dr. Hagen I'm right on track.  When I saw him at one month out.. I had lost 35 pounds.  He expects me to lose another 30 to 40 in the next 3 months and I'm already down 15 more pounds since then.... so I guess I'm on my way lol  But you cant blame me for wanting it to go faster!!!!

Its crazy how many people have contacted me since my surgery to tell me they are thinking about it or have had it too.  I love being able to share my experiences with them, and I hope I am able to give them a bit of insight !!!   Don't get me wrong...  I have a lot of learning to do myself, but its nice to think I might be able to help someone out when I'm only two months post op!!!

Sorry for my ramblings... I'm just trying to work things out in my head!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Jennifer D.
on 8/8/11 12:02 am
50 lbs in 2 months is beyond amazing, way to rock your RNY. It sounds to me like you are just eating too much and it is sitting heavy in your pouch when it all gets down there. Chicken and other white meat tend to be easier to digest. You may also be correct in saying that it is too dry. Take it slowly, chew well and maybe stop a little earlier as you may be full and don't know it.
I think you're doing great! Congratulations!!
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
jthompson593
on 8/8/11 12:17 am
 Good for you! At the 50 lb mark, what an accomplishment!! I only have 7 lbs to go and i'll be there as well. Remember it's better to lose it slow than too fast. I'm roughing about 2 lbs per week, I thought it would be more but I remember my dietitian at the hospital said they want you to lose 2-3 lbs per week. I'll take it though:)

sam1am
on 8/8/11 3:55 am
Way to go, Amy!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

tera P.
on 8/8/11 3:56 am - Picton, Canada
Congrats! is the 50 lbs loss with your optifast as well?
I am down 44lbs and had my surgery on June 20

referral: October 2010, Orientation: Feb 14, Surgeon: March 18
SW, bypass class,dietician:April 29, pre op / surgeon May24 Surgery JUNE 20

Kerry F.
on 8/8/11 5:19 am - Bolton, Canada
That is fantastic!!!  I get worried that I haven't lost weight fast enough too, although I'm down 55lbs in 11 weeks.  Then I remind myself that: 1) I've never lost 55lbs in 11 weeks in my life; 2) this is not a sprint, it's a marathon, and 3) I have to learn to celebrate and appreciate the weight loss as it comes and be kind to myself along the way.

I hope the food stuff gets sorted out for you soon.  It's a tricky thing, isn't it?  I have a few really good days, then a few days where I struggle.  I'm trying to accept the process of re-learning what my body will tolerate.    Sounds to me like you're doing really well...good for you! 

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Quinns_mommy
on 8/8/11 5:29 am
That's awesome!!! WTG AMY!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Brandy S.
on 8/8/11 5:45 am - Sudbury, Canada
Wow Congratulations AMY!!!! You are doing AMAZING!  It must be a great feeling putting on clothes that didnt fit before.  I know I have felt that with fast diets, but it has been too long to remember, so Great job!!! 
Brandyyy  
Megan M.
on 8/8/11 6:28 am - Canada
I love Kerry's words about "being kind to myself."  When I think back over the last 20 years, it made me realize how badly I've beaten myself up over my weight.  From this point on I'm going to be kinder to myself, because I deserve it - we all deserve it!  When "shopping" through some packed away bins again, and all my work pants fit again, I found some summer pants that I'd better get to wearing before they're fit for the blue bag.  Found the brown shorts that I thought I had lost - bought them last year in Fort Lauderdale - and they fit more comfortably then when I first bought them.  Yay!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

TBIYTC
on 8/8/11 2:08 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Sounds like you are having fun shopping your own closet!!!  So economical!  So environmental!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Most Active