Medic Alert ID

Effie42
on 8/1/11 11:16 am - Brooklin, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Ontario Forum. I am in the pre-op phase of this journey. While I am getting things rolling I was wondering if any of you or all of you ordered a medic alert bracelet or necklace. I can't remember if it was mentioned at orientation at TEGH or not and I have ssen mention of it on USA forums.

Thanks for the input. A bit of information overload to say the least!!!
koree
on 8/1/11 11:28 am, edited 8/1/11 1:25 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I have a medical id bracelet but not thru medical alert - mine just states:

Front has my name

NO BLIND NG TUBE
RNY GASTRIC BYPASS
SURGEONS NAME
ICE # (this is my hubby's cell phone #)
NO NSAIDS NO SUGAR

I ordered mine from http://canada.universalmedicalid.com/
Koree
July 13th, 2010 - Orientation at TWH.....  July 29th, 2010 - Bariatric Nurse Appt.....   August 10th, 2010 - Social Worker.....  September 8th, 2010 - Nutrition Class & Dietitian Appts.....  September 13th, 2010 - Psychologist.....  September 23rd, 2010 - Dietitian and Social Worker meeting with Hubby.....  October 12th, 2010 - Follow up with Social Worker.....  November 5th, 2010 - Met Surgeon - Teodor Grantcharov....  January 7th, 2011 - PATS.....   January 20th, 2011 - SURGERY!! 
Got me an Angel - Leanne1

Dollface-1981
on 8/1/11 11:41 am - Newmarket, Canada
I have a medical alert necklace.... And mine says :

CATHERINE FELTHAM
NO BLIND NG TUBE
RNY GASTRIC BYPASS
NO NSAIDS NO SUGAR

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Derek C.
on 8/1/11 11:46 am - North Bay , Canada
Darn i just ordered mine and i better contact them i forgot some stuff - thanks for bringing it to my attention

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Smiley_sandy
on 8/1/11 12:00 pm - Belleville, Canada
Where is the cheapest place to purchase a medic alert bracelet ?
They are not cheap online!!!No have a lovely charm bracelet and wondered if buying just tge medallion and attaching it to my bracelet would be an idea??
Thanks, Sandy(3 months post op)

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Christina C.
on 8/1/11 12:23 pm - New Glasgow, Canada
 I never heard of getting a Medical Alert bracelet after RNY......perhaps its worth looking into.

KristieA
on 8/1/11 12:53 pm - Orillia, Canada
I just got mine on line from laurenshope.com. they had some really nice ones that are more like jewellery. Three weeks and delivered to my door. I think it is a worthwhile expense.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Leslie W.
on 8/1/11 1:44 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Medic Alert has some really nice ones. As you register with them there is also and contact  ID# for more of your med history. Only thing there is an annual charge. I like the crystal ones and you can also change the braclet so it looks more like jewlery.

Just in case you don't end up with RNY maybe waiting until after surgery is better?? Just a thought.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Barb L.
on 8/1/11 7:23 pm - Toronto, Canada

yes, I got one and it just says gastric bypass surgery.  I bought mine on ebay.

Mariann M.
on 8/1/11 9:50 pm - Washago , Canada
I purchased mine from Laurenshope.com and I love it !!!!

Mine says,
my name
NO Blind NG's
NO NSAID's
NO Sugar
and my phone number

They have some beautiful designs and you can always just purchas the information tag too.

Most Active