8 weeks out with pics.

trudylam
on 7/24/11 7:25 am - Sudbury, Canada
Well here I am 8 weeks after surgery.  I remember when I started this journey and I was looking at a year of waiting.  It seemed so long, and it was!  I started my Optifast diet on May 14th and I calculated how long I would be on diet restrictions.  It was 2 whole months and I never thought I could do it!  Well, I did it.  I feel great!  This week has been full of NSV's for me and I couldn't be happier.  

* I can get in and out of the boat at the dock all by myself.
* I am swimming with a bathing suit with no t-shirt to cover up.  I am not skinny but it's amazing what losing 50 pounds will do to your confidence level. :)
* I was losing my pants so I went to the local Bargain Shop (I am in the boonies) and bought size 26 shorts and a 3x t-shirt.  Now we all know that the sizes in those places are out to lunch, so when I got them home and tried them on I wasn't expecting them to fit.  But they did!  I went from a size 28-30 and a 5x to a 26/3x.
* Usually in the humidity that we have had lately, I wouldn't be able to get a normal shoe on my left foot.  My left leg used to swell up really badly and it was very uncomfortable.  My feet haven't swelled up and I am not sweating like a pig doing the simplest things.
* And last but not least.  I jumped off the back of a boat into the water!!!  I haven't done that in years!  My kids are having so much fun because I am doing the things that they are doing and we are having a blast.

I know I am still new at this but I have to say it...I LOVE MY RNY!!!

There is something missing from this picture...MY EXTRA CHIN!!!
tobif
on 7/24/11 7:35 am
you look great!!!!

Kerry F.
on 7/24/11 7:36 am - Bolton, Canada
Yay!!!   You look great! Congratulations :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Mariann M.
on 7/24/11 7:37 am, edited 7/24/11 7:38 am - Washago , Canada
Loving it !!!! Congrats !! And it only gets better with every pound lost !!
Nathalie_Can
on 7/24/11 7:41 am
wow, we can tell very well...amazing feeling isn't it?
Happy for you!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Betty Jo L.
on 7/24/11 8:15 am
 Congrats you look amazing and you can tell the changes in your face. Keep up the great work 

Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Karen W.
on 7/24/11 8:49 am - Canada
Not only is your extra chin missing, you also look more relaxed and happy now.  Many more changes to come... Thanks for sharing your photos with us. I'm sure they will be inspiring to people who are awaiting surgery.

RNY April 11, 2011       

KristieA
on 7/24/11 8:49 am - Orillia, Canada
Congrats Trudy. You look great. Can't wait to see you at the next meeting. Sounds like you are having a great summer boating and spending time with the kids. I am jealous......lol

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Monica M.
on 7/24/11 8:51 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i am soooooooooooo freaking happy for you, Trudy!!! i knew that you would do awesome at this. There is such a difference, and yes, even those 50 pounds make such an incredible difference. You're awesome.

jennifer_rpn
on 7/24/11 9:33 am
Looking great!!!!!!!

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
Most Active
Recent Topics