Fruity Protein drink at Shoppers?

NurseTammy
on 7/22/11 11:05 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hey guys,

I was in Shoppers today and saw a protein drink that is supposed to taste fruity (I think it was mango or peach....)

I am not a fan of the chocolate or vanilla shakes ( I was on a really long liquid diet due to complications after getting the Band), and would love to try something new.  I just didn't want to drop $25 bucks on it.

Has anyone tried this?  Or any other non choc/vanilla protein drink?

I have also seen some people recommend protein drinks rather than Boost for the first post-op period... any suggestions?  I know Boost is recommended, but would love some personal opinions about other products.

Thanks!
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Sher1ock
on 7/22/11 11:32 am - Canada
The mango splash at Shoppers was one of the recommended choices in our nutrition class in Ottawa. I haven't tried it myself. I did have the premier chocolate shake from Costco today. I'm not a chocolate fan, but it was good.

PatXYZ
on 7/22/11 11:37 am
If you're talking about the Weider's Fruit Splash, mango peach is awesome, but I haven't tried the pineapple.
Karen W.
on 7/22/11 11:55 am - Canada
The Wieder's mango peach is the best I've found so far.  90 calories and 20 g protein per scoop, mixed with water.  I'd love to try the pineapple flavour but haven't found it anywhere.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Susanne S.
on 7/22/11 1:29 pm - London, Canada
I have looked for this at Shoppers and didn't find it. A friend said they also sell it at Costco.

less_of_me
on 7/22/11 11:03 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I have never tried the one at Shopper's.  I really like a fruity protein drink I buy at Popeye's called Forever Fit.  It comes in mango, strawberry kiwi and I am not sure what else.  It doesn't not get thick like other protein shakes, it tastes like juice (even my kids like it).  It is pricy, I think around $45 dollars for a tub, but if you don't like it, they will take it back or extend you a credit.  In additiion, Popeye's offers some cash back like Canadian Tire, I think I get $2 worth when I buy the Forever Fit.

Dollface-1981
on 7/23/11 4:56 am - Newmarket, Canada
I love Weider's Fruit Splash, mango peach ... i have found it at Shoppers... and at Walmart... when you find it.. buy a few... its really good.. and they might not have it next time you go in!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Radiogirl39
on 7/23/11 6:30 am - Canada

Just had the bariatric class at HRRH and pretty sure the dietitian specifically said not to use Boost post surgery as it is a meal replacement and not a protein supplement. 

I'll be looking for the mango peach, that sounds amazing!
Julie

Karen M.
on 7/23/11 8:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
Some centres have their patients on diabetic Boost after surgery - Humber, thankfully, does not and recommends a high protein, low sugar/carb protein shake.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kany123
on 7/23/11 7:57 am - London, Canada
i have tried it have some in my cabinet....its good I even add a crystal light to it tastes good i like it on hot days quenches your thrist instead of a heavy milk protein
Have a great day....Kany     
Most Active