For the ladies.. period question...

Dollface-1981
on 7/20/11 4:58 am - Newmarket, Canada
Im hoping im just over reacting... but I just got my period yesterday... the first one since surgery... and its soo different from the ones i used to get... super painful (that could just be because I cant medicate myself with Advil)  but its also 10x heavier than ever before...  (TMI sorry) 

Im just wondering if anyone has delt with this.. or if its something i should ask my doctor about?

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

JJ_
on 7/20/11 5:15 am

As you built up fat stores....hormones were stored there too.  Now that you are losing weight the hormones are being released as well as the fat.  This may cause things like heavier periods, crying jags, etc.   All the lovely things about being a woman.

Good luck.

Judy

sueberman
on 7/20/11 5:18 am
Makes me so glad I'm post menopause lol.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 7/20/11 6:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
JJ... i like the way you answer questions. you put links to things, don't answer outside your scope of experience... You've learned so much.

JJ_
on 7/20/11 7:34 am
Thanks Monica. 
Radiogirl39
on 7/20/11 7:10 am - Canada
Oooo, good answer! That makes total sense.  Thanks Dollface for asking cuz that's is def something I wanna be prepared for.
Julie
linda11665
on 7/20/11 5:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
Makes me glad I had a hysterectomy a few years ago.....

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
trudylam
on 7/20/11 5:33 am - Sudbury, Canada
I have had the same problem.  Much heavier and longer than before surgery.  I used to be 4-5 days...my last period was 13 days and heavy the whole time.  Such a pain!  Best of luck to you :)
kany123
on 7/20/11 5:59 am - London, Canada
I had the same problem and after a few months it got better .....It will take a few months until your womanly cycle regulates . You can take tylenol see if it helps...it helped me.
Have a great day....Kany     
AllieInOntario
on 7/20/11 6:04 am
I really wanted to talk my doc into a "2 fer"... DS and Hysterectomy. :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Most Active