A Huge NSV

elizabeth G.
on 7/20/11 3:15 am - Canada
Hello all,  It has been a while since I have checked in, so i thought I would post something that has made me very happy.  At the beginning of July I went to Vegas.  This is the first time I have flown since my surgery, and I was a bit worried.  i have always had a terrible time on planes.  I always needed an extender, the narrow aisle were torture and the armrest had to be up.  As i began to walk down the aisle of the plane, I was thrilled to notice the difference in the room.  Then the big test...the seat.  I had no problem sitting in the seat, with the armrest down, and there was no need for an extender.  This is probably the first time in almost 30 years I have not had any trouble flying.  The other thrilling thing for me was not being bothered by the heat in Vegas.  it was over 100 everyday, but I did not break a sweat once, in fact I rather enjoyed it.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!!

TTFN

Liz

DS SURGERY NOV 20, 2009
210 POUNDS LOST SO FAR
Moselle
on 7/20/11 3:28 am - Athens, Canada
Way to go Liz. That is truly sweet taste of success!  Congratulations.
sueberman
on 7/20/11 3:31 am
That's a great wow - congrats and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Karen M.
on 7/20/11 3:42 am - Mississauga, Canada
Wonderful WOWs for you! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kany123
on 7/20/11 6:20 am - London, Canada
congrats!!! Sure feels good ....and the heat I agree I dont sweat as much either or as easily i should say.
Have a great day....Kany     
NurseTammy
on 7/20/11 8:42 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congrats on the flying!  I LOVE to travel, but part of it is always ruined due to the anxiety of the many issues of being overweight ... the worst is when you see the people in the terminal praying that their seat is not next to them (I wouldn't want to sit next to me either).

I can't wait to go down south again, and being much more comfortable all around.
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

TBIYTC
on 7/20/11 10:46 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Liz - you mentioned two NSV's that I am counting on when I finally get surgery - having a good plane experience, and not dying of the heat.  It really takes the energy and fun out of doing anything.  Congrats!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics