CRAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KristieA
on 7/20/11 12:02 am - Orillia, Canada
Are you able to swallow your multi-vitamin and other stuff OK? If yes then you should be OK to swallow. For me at 4-5 weeks post op I had this 'thing' with envisioning things getting stuck so I crushed them just to be sure. I also didn't want them to slip through before they were absorbed. That was probably more a mind over matter thing. Maybe try one and see how you feel after 10 minutes. Worst case you will feel a bit uncomfortable for a short while until it starts to dissolve.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

lbaetz
on 7/20/11 1:01 am - St. Thomas, Canada
I got an IUD and that cleared everything up...lol   Don't even have a period anymore

Lori

Dollface-1981
on 7/20/11 3:17 am - Newmarket, Canada
LOL.. i had an IUD.. and I also did not have a period for four years.. but when I turned 25 I decided to have my tubes tied.. and it came flowing back lol.... sigh.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Karen M.
on 7/20/11 3:44 am - Mississauga, Canada
Ugh - mine is *so* much worse since I had my tubes tied 3 years ago. 

'Course, it could also have something to do with being 43. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

gigglesAlot
on 7/20/11 2:26 am
I feel for you as mine were brutal too!. . . . .Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions.  I'm like Lori, I got the Mirena IUD a few years ago and I am basically symptom free and my period is pretty much non-existent.  It has been such a relief for me. . . . . . I hope that you feel better soon.

Good Luck
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
cindymbear
on 7/20/11 6:05 am, edited 7/20/11 6:09 am - Brampton, Canada
Highjack - I don't have any suggestions to add but I just want to say "thanks!" to all for the back pain medication idea.   I may be one of the weird ones (ok ya I'm weird lol) but I've never had cramps as bad as they are now post-op.  I actually rarely ever had cramps at all even as a teenager.  I had an IUD in my early 30's then my tubes tied at 36 and until the last couple of years I was as regular as clockwork.  Since I turned 48 I started only having a period every other month [I'm going to be 50 this year] so I figured it was peri-menopause.  I'm 2 1/2 months out of surgery and the last 2 months have come on again exactly 28 days and the cramps have been unreal!!  I've taken Advil (VSG'r) and Tylenol (not together) and although they've helped somewhat it's not been fun.  I was starting to enjoy only having 6 per year and looking forward to 0 but now I'm not liking this little side effect of surgery.  Don't get me wrong - I am LOVING my sleeve and will live with "Aunt Flo" but I will also try my back pain meds next time and hope it helps.

Cindy

HW: 250, OW: 236, SW: 222, GW: 125, CW: 192     height 4' 11"

Most Active