ice cream

Lil-Stinker
on 7/15/11 10:43 am
 tonight I went to see Harry Potter and i had no fat no sugar added frozen yogurt with blended bananas and pineapples. Was pretty good but expensive.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
PatXYZ
on 7/15/11 1:32 pm
I'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon! Can't wait!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 9:45 pm - Guelph, Canada
 I have not heard very many good reviews 
joanne_1970
on 7/15/11 10:17 pm - Harriston, Canada
I love no fat no sugar added yogen fruz.  I was wondering if that was ok after sugery although I don't have one near me so wouldn't be often.
Going to see the movie tues and that is what I will be having.

Karen M.
on 7/15/11 11:14 pm, edited 7/15/11 11:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I went to their web site and looked up stats on the no sugar added - for a small cup, it has 7g of sugar, 8g of sugar alcohol - I'm afraid I'll have to pass, too high. And that's without adding anything into it/on top of it (i.e. fruit).

ETA: I'm assuming that 125 ml (1/2 cup) is a small cup serving.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

joanne_1970
on 7/15/11 11:22 pm - Harriston, Canada
Your right that is pretty high.  Damn guess that means I will have to give that up too after surgery

Karen M.
on 7/15/11 11:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Some people can tolerate it, but it would hurt my stomach, especially if it had fuit blended into it as well.  The Chapmans NSA ice cream has the same amount of sugars/alcohol - no wonder I felt like crap! lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Marny B.
on 7/15/11 1:21 pm - Canada

SF Chapman's ice cream was the first and the only major episode of dumping I have ever had.  I was too sick for words and have never touched the stuff again.  I agree with the poster who suggested freezing your yogurt.  Both Yoplait and Source have desert lines with some very yummy flavours.  I would suggest freezing them and then putting them in the blender (Bullet is perfect if you have one), and blending it with a tiny bit of milk for a better texture.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Dollface-1981
on 7/15/11 2:13 pm - Newmarket, Canada
someone had put up a link for banana ice cream a while ago and i just tried it.....

peel and cut up nice ripe bananas and freeze them... then put them in the blender... EXACTLY like ice cream!  I added a little vanilla extract and it was great!!!!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

mom4life
on 7/16/11 12:26 am - Port Rowan, Canada
 I didn't like the just banana "ice cream" but a friend of mine makes it a tiny bit differently and I just love it.

Add your frozen sliced up banana to a tsp of honey (or some of your Davinci syrup if you prefer) and 2 tsp of the chocolate PB2 prepared.  Whiz that up in the magic bullet and it rocks!  Tastes just like soft serve ice cream, and you've added a bit of protein with the PB2.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active