First time in 13 years!!!!!

Dollface-1981
on 7/2/11 12:01 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Today I got on a bike for the first time in 13 years!  It was super hard at first.. and a bit embarrassing.. but I did it, and once I got started it was much easier. Like they say.. "Just like riding a bike!"

My husband was going to buy me this perfect bike for my birthday in May but they didn't have them in stock at the time, so we went today.. and there it was!!!

My husband is such an amazing supporter, and ran along side me the whole time to make sure I didn't fall... I love him soo much!  He tried to get a picture of me while I was riding it, but he couldn't figure out the settings, and I was afraid to stop to show him how thinking I wouldn't be able to start again lol

I do have to admit I think I may have tried a bit too soon... my stomach is hurting a little bit now.. Probably because I was moving in ways I haven't in years! lol

I cant wait to get out there and ride with my kids... One of the many things I was looking forward to doing after the surgery!!!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

KristieA
on 7/2/11 12:07 pm - Orillia, Canada
Good for you Amy. Just the inspiration I needed. I have a brand new bike I have ridden maybe three times. That was years ago. I may just haul it out tomorrow, fill the tires and give it a try.

Keep up the great work! Hope your bum isn't too sore tomorrow...lol.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Kerry F.
on 7/2/11 1:09 pm - Bolton, Canada
That is AWESOME!!!  Good for you!

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Lil-Stinker
on 7/2/11 2:06 pm
 awesome and i love the bike - i like bikes with high handlebars so you dont have to lean over.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
ShrinkingHopefully
on 7/2/11 3:28 pm
 Look Damn Cute on it too boot!
Karen M.
on 7/2/11 8:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada
What a cute bike!  Great photos and good for YOU for getting out there!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jennifer_rpn
on 7/2/11 10:25 pm
Way to Go Amy!!! That's awesome, keep up the great work.....that too is one of my goals for after my surgery

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
Monica M.
on 7/2/11 10:39 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
cute bike!!! you're awesome.

Mike Terry
on 7/2/11 11:08 pm - Staffa, Canada
Right on!! I love my bike, it is the main source of my exercise as I ride it a hour or two a day. When I first started off I could barely get out of the lane. My wife has the EXACT same bike as you. I use it to run stuff over to my in-laws, farm next to ours. I'm sure I look real cool in it! .

Leslie W.
on 7/3/11 12:52 am - Cobourg, Canada
Love the bike. I have one that I bought almost 20 years ago. Still looks new the tires still have those little bits of rubber sticking out. have moved it with me and keep it where I can see it. Can't wait until IWLS so I can get back on it.
Way to go!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active