OMG Vanilla Optifast Hell

Kerry F.
on 6/30/11 6:07 am - Bolton, Canada
The best thing i found were DaVinci syrups (at Winners).  I bought raspberry and caramel.  The raspberry was great - I used it with vanilla opti every morning for breakfast and the caramel one for lunch.  I used my magic bullet to mix it and added 2 or 3 ice cubes - made it nice and thick.  I also had a bottle of sugar free hazelnut syrup from Starbucks...yummy with the chocolate opti.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

teacherof4
on 6/30/11 12:17 pm
I'm with Dollface - I really enjoyed Optifast mixed 1/2 choc and 1/2 vanilla. It was the only way I drank it for 3 weeks. Good luck!
June 14, 2011 - Surgery date                
LAURIE G.
on 6/30/11 12:18 pm - tillsonburg, Canada
Hi there,   I'm on day 10!!!!  Getting board of optifast so tried a few different things.  I made Popsicles with a cup of decaf coffee, half cup of water and vanilla optifast....put them in Popsicle tray.  they were terrific....nice texture, did the same with the chocolate.  Also made a pudding texture...ate it with a spoon for something different.   Raspberry crystal light is excellent in the vanilla.  good luck.  See you on the bench!!!!!!
Laurie
jcasb5
on 6/30/11 12:41 pm
I actually prefer vanilla. I mix with grape SF cop aid (strong) and it's awesome, I also mix with CL and like it too. I use tons of ice and make into a thick shake...I can't stomach the chocolate ones, they taste like latex. TRADE YOU?
Feb-10-Referral from doc,14-Mar-11-Orientation at HRRH,15-Apr-11-Appt with Surgeon,20-Apr-11-Gastric Bypass Class,09-May-11-Appt with the Dietitian & Social Worker,13-Jul-11-Surgery Date    
Sharvanne
on 6/30/11 10:38 pm - Canada
 Honestly? Use as cold water as possible (or blend with ice) and drink through a straw. Then at least you won't smell it as much, and the straw also helps get it closer to the back of your mouth without having to taste it so much. :)

The good thing about optifast is you know your surgery is just around the corner!
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
Allyson A.
on 6/30/11 10:49 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Thanks again everyone. The options are endless and I am grateful for the support. These will definately help me with the stage of the process.

Allyson
HW 318  SW 291 

Most Active