OMG Vanilla Optifast Hell

Allyson A.
on 6/29/11 9:08 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Well I started Optifast and I must say the chocolate is really not bad at all, but OMG the vanilla is right off the scale.   I tried mixing it with some crystal light, that was terrible as well.  I really need to come up with some ideas to get this vanilla down.

I have 3 weeks of opti and 27 more vanilla shakes to get into me.  Does anybody out there have any other suggestions.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.  

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

Leanne1
on 6/29/11 9:15 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I mixed my vanilla with the tangerine crystal lite and it tasted sorta like a creamsicle... I also mixed it with 2tsp of cocoa and it tasted just like the chocolate optifast.
MS Miller
on 6/29/11 9:24 pm - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

I found if you blend it with some decaf instant coffee and use super cold water it's ok, but drink it fast as it gets yucky if it sits.

I also blend it in a blender or majic bullet with some ice, I have added some real vanilla extract or i like the half chocolate/vanilla Otifast mix.

Goo luck Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Allyson A.
on 6/29/11 9:21 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will give them a try, hopefully something will work.

Allyson
Karen M.
on 6/29/11 10:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Have you checked our recipe forum?  There is an entire thread dedicated to "surviving Optifast".  The link to the forum is in my signature.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 9:28 pm - Canada
 instant coffe was my savior while on my 6 weeks of optiass

it made the vanilla tolerable.
samtq
on 6/29/11 9:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Instant coffee had caffeine.  Be sure to ge the decaf kind!
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 9:36 pm - Canada
 YES absolutely!!! wow i cant believe i forgot that!!!

good save sam with the new boobs :D
samtq
on 6/29/11 9:41 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 LMAO!!  GAWD I love my new boobs!!
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Allyson A.
on 6/29/11 9:43 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I will definately give these ideas a try. I'm sure something will work.

Thanx again

Allyson
Most Active