Worried!!!

Dollface-1981
on 6/30/11 10:26 am - Newmarket, Canada
I don't want to start trouble or say things when its not my place.. but I know someone who had surgery only 3 weeks ago... and she says she cant handle the purees... so she decided to start real food and made a pizza and had some....

She said it was good and that it stayed down.. but I'm worried that its way to soon for that... especially since I'm only four days behind her and I couldn't imagine eating pizza right now... 

Just wondering if I should say something to her or just leave it alone.. I know its none of my business.. but I feel like shes going to sabotage her pouch...

It just makes me sad.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

jan135
on 6/30/11 10:46 am
 I would say something because if you don't and this person blows their guts wide open and kills themselves you'll know you did what you could to prevent it!!!!!

I remember my surgeon telling me when I asked about post op complications telling me he recently had a guy complaining of post op abdo pain.  The guy swore up and down he had been sticking to the post op diet.  
He died,   when they did the autopsy found a turkey sub!

She might be not be happy but you'll have a clear conscience.  

Manda M.
on 6/30/11 10:48 am
I have a feeling I know who you are talking about... But yes! but if she doesn't want the advice she won't take it.. so be warned
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:11 pm - Canada
I know I'm gonna sound like a real b*tch but I wouldn't say anything. Let her sabotage herself and her pouch.

We're all adults. We all know the rules and stages. We all know this isn't easy and there's only so much babysitting that you can do. If I see someone fresh out of surgery eating crap then that's their business. Yes, it'll irk me because I'll think someone else could've had the surgery in their place but it's not up to me to weed out these people - that's what the SW gets paid to do.

When this same person starts complaining that they're not losing weight or they're regaining - I might bring it up then that maybe pizza 3 weeks out wasnt such a good idea.

The vets here have said it many times over - don't push the limits, you'll only end up hurting yourself and just because you can eat it, doesnt mean you should.
Monica M.
on 6/30/11 12:15 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i agree, say something, in a supportive way.

I can't imagine doing that "oh i dont like pureed, so i'm giong to have a pizza??? really?

Dollface-1981
on 6/30/11 12:19 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Well said.. and those were my thoughts too... even though the pizza was homemade and healthy.. it wasnt what she was supposed to be having... she doesnt want to hear it.. she says it her body.. and youre right .. shes an adult and its her choice, 

I just know for myself ... even though I might not like pureed food... i know its what I have to deal with for a little while for the greater good... you cant give up so easily when youve done so much to get here....  i was just frustrated.. and i guess I shouldnt have said anything ... just venting sorry.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:43 pm - Canada
 and if shes on the board here im sure were all going to hear about either how she has failed or how shes in so much pain etc etc...

dammit im just under 6 months out and i STILL cant handle pizza...  

in my humble opinion this is both irresponsible AND foolish.
debralight
on 7/1/11 8:32 am - Canada
 a year down the road she'll be wanting a revision because the surgery didn't work.. dollars to doughnuts ... 
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Monica M.
on 6/30/11 1:14 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
from what you've said, it sounds like she won't take advice, no matter how well meaning it is.

why would a person go through this surgery, and just return to bad eating habits? i'm so following my rules, to the letter.

linda11665
on 6/30/11 12:42 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 That is okay dollface.  I agree with you.  However I don't think I would be so nice about it.  Just me.

We go throught agony, we have to be pocked at, *****ed at, bleed, scopped, and so many wonderful test just to get this surgery.  Because after all we are all tired of being obese, overweight, morbidly obese.... So for somebody to answer its their body after just 3 weeks, I would of gone up one side of them and down the other.  They just wasted the surgeons, hospital time for them to think that this was nothing.  When we have people out there going through hell just to get this surgery. And this person or some people also just waste it...

That just ticks me off!!!

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Most Active