First day back to work/ First day of purees...

Dollface-1981
on 6/28/11 11:26 am - Newmarket, Canada
I am two weeks post op today, and I went back to work. I honestly thought it wasn't going to be that bad.  I work in a tattoo shop and and its pretty laid back but its harder than I thought it was going to be.  I do have someone there to help and do all of the hard work... so all I have to do is pierce and answer the questions that he doesn't know, but it was still really tiring.  I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow :)

I also started my purees.  I bought a magic bullet and pre made my meals for the next few days which helped a lot.  Everything went down ok, but I definitely felt full pretty quick.  I had a poached egg and 2 TBSP of pureed peaches for breakfast,  3 TBSP of chickpeas mixed with garlic (homemade hummus lol) with 2 pieces of multigrain Melba toast for lunch.. and then 4 TBSP of pureed chicken(mixed with a bit of cream of chicken soup) and 2 TBSP of pureed carrots and potatoes for dinner... which I couldn't finish.  Its so funny to think that that small amount could fill me now where just over a month ago I could finish two large bowls of Sheppard's pie in one sitting!!!!

I haven't checked my weight in a few days now... I really don't want to be one of those people who check the scale everyday.. multiple times!  But I am curious to see how I'm doing... I think Ill wait till Saturday.. maybe check it by weekly .. Ill keep you posted of course!

Heading to my first BBQ/Fire this Friday for Canada Day... and I'm nervous.  I don't really want to bring my pureed food there and have to explain to everyone... nor do I really want to sit and watch everyone eating burgers and macaroni salads in front of me. I might try to convince my husband to go after dinner... so I can avoid it.  I don't think I'm ready yet.

I go back to see Dr. Hagen on July 7th, and then in for my one month check up on July 15th... Ill let you know how I'm doing at that time :)

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

imagenthat
on 6/28/11 11:30 am - Bolton, Canada
Way to go.  Just think baby steps, everyday it will get a little easier and you will have a little more energy.

Traci

Quinns_mommy
on 6/28/11 11:32 am
Sounds like you are doing great Amy! WTG!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
KristieA
on 6/28/11 11:32 am - Orillia, Canada
Hi Amy. I went back to work after two weeks as well and no matter how non-physical your job is I still think it is very tiring. In hind sight I wish I had taken one more week, but I couldn't.

Take it easy. I found I ended up taking an extra long lunch and snuck in a nap every few days. A couple of days I did have to leave early as I was exhausted.

Talk to you soon,
Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Dollface-1981
on 6/28/11 11:44 am - Newmarket, Canada
Thanks Ladies!!!! 

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 12:07 pm
Sounds like you are doing great!  I am looking forward to having some roasted red pepper hummus when I get to the pureed stage.  Looking forward to more of your postings.

Elizabeth
JJ_
on 6/28/11 12:21 pm
That was great planning to puree your food ahead of time.  Did you puree the melba toast along with the food?

Congrats

Judy
teacherof4
on 6/28/11 4:25 pm
Amy,glad to hear you are doing well. I'm not sure I'd make it thru a day at work just yet - a short nap in the middle of the day is still necessary! I am enjoying my long walks in the evening and the taste of real food (even if it looks disgusting after being pureed****ep us posted. Sherri
June 14, 2011 - Surgery date                
Brandy S.
on 6/29/11 12:21 am - Sudbury, Canada
Way to go Amy!!!  I think I will buy a magic bullet too, sounds like it comes in handy for work.
Keep up the great work
Brandyyy  
Kerry F.
on 6/29/11 1:38 am - Bolton, Canada
Good for you!  Sounds like you're doing great!  Enjoy your BBQ :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Most Active