Recovery

Lisa_L_whitby
on 6/28/11 2:51 am - Bolsover, Canada
Hello,

I just had my surgery on Friday at TWH. Eveything went well and I was sent home on Sunday. My question  to all of you is when does the discomfort on the left side start to go away? The only thing I find is that I have a discomfort on the left side which is to be expected as that is where all the work is done but how long do I have to look forward to this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Lisa

Orientation at TWH: March 30, 2011                 Appt w/Nurse: May 11, 2011     
Appt w/Social Worker: May 25, 2011                Nutrition Class: May 31, 2011
Appt w/ Dietitian: June 2, 2011                           Appt w/Psychiatrist: June 2, 2011
Meet with Surgeon: June 3, 2011                        Surgery Day: June 24, 2011 

Dollface-1981
on 6/28/11 3:14 am - Newmarket, Canada
I am two weeks out today and still have soreness on my left side. Not nearly as bad as the first week but its still there. I find that if I try to do to much I starts to hurt more so just try to takeit easy. I found using a body pillow helped too.
Mary A.
on 6/28/11 3:18 am
just keep moving so that you don;t end up with built up gas

.....the pressure will subside with time..remember they have also cut through 7 layers of muscle, fat skin etc to do your surgery and they have to move the instrument around when it is placed through the laprascopic incision.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Monica M.
on 6/28/11 3:25 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Congrats on your homecoming!!! I can't speak to the discomfort, because i don't recall having any, but i've heard about other people who have experienced this for several weeks.

trudylam
on 6/28/11 3:30 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi there, I am 4 weeks post-op as of yesterday and my pain was all on the right side.  It took almost a full 4 weeks for it to feel normal again.  I can finally funtion without my right side stopping me.  Best of luck to you. :)
Most Active