poached eggs????

KristieA
on 6/26/11 11:55 pm - Orillia, Canada
That sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip. This way I can put it in the oven, set the timer and finish my morning stuff. Anything to make things easier is great.

Thanks again Karen.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Derek C.
on 6/26/11 11:44 pm - North Bay , Canada
I have a egg cooker (electric) bought it at sears - does poached as well as soft boiled or hard boiled eggs as well depending on the amount of water you use - Its was like 15 bucks  works like a charm and will get a ton of use after surgery

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Sher1ock
on 6/27/11 12:28 am - Canada
key to poaching without a cup is a splash of vingar in the water.

Rather than poach, I often do my eggs in micro - spray a small bowl, poke yolk with edge of shell so it doesn't explode and let her go for 45sec or so.

happypants
on 6/27/11 1:09 am - Ottawa, Canada

Fool proof method!

I us a non stick fry-pan this works like a charm:

Add enough water to half fill a non stick fry-pan
Add two tablespoons of vinegar
turn burner on and bring water to a boil, once water boils remover from burner and add egg(s)
turn burner to simmer setting and return egg(s) to burner
gently spoon ho****er over the eggs to cook yokes, remover from water when egg is at desired firmness.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

trudylam
on 6/27/11 1:43 am - Sudbury, Canada
Vinegar is the key.  It binds the protein in the egg so that it doesn't end up a big mess.  Don't let the water boil...just simmer.  When you drop the egg in, start spooning the white over the yol****il it's all together.  Leave them for about 3 minutes then take them out with a slotted spoon.  You don't need fancy poachers and contraptions, just plain old white vinegar.  And if you add some salt to the water your eggs won't taste like vinegar afterwards.
PatXYZ
on 6/27/11 3:10 am
I add 2 teaspoon vinegar and quarter to half a teaspoon of salt to the water and bring it to a boil, then reduce your heat and set the pot off the burner, then crack your eggs in. There should be enough water so your eggs don't touch the bottom of the pot, because they might stick. Let cook in just simmering water for about 2-3 minutes for soft or closer to 5 for hard. Enjoy!
flyingwoman
on 6/27/11 5:39 am

I use a poach pod (little silicone cup) that I got at kitchen stuff plus and do the same thing as in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnmPD1USi_E

and they come out perfect every time.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
EmmiePie
on 6/27/11 12:32 pm - Kingston, Canada
 I know they suggest poached eggs post op.  Call me eggstremely ignorant (am only ascrambled fan) but why not just have a hard boiled egg and save the fuss?   Is it because they are softer?
Dollface-1981
on 6/27/11 11:44 pm - Newmarket, Canada
thats a great question.. and I was wondering the same thing lol.. I did find an egg poacher at metro.. and it seems to work much better!  thanks for all the ideas everyone!

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

PatXYZ
on 6/28/11 10:53 am
I eat mine all soft and runny, mixed with some shredded cheese or stewed tomatoes - I guess it's quite similar to a soft boiled egg, but I find poached easier and less fuss!
Most Active