Little victory

trudylam
on 6/25/11 3:16 am - Sudbury, Canada
Yesterday I went to the walk in clinic because of course, I get sick on a Friday and my doctor's office is closed.  So I walk in and the first thing I do before I even register is take a quick scan of the waiting room to see if the chairs have arms on them.  Much to my dismay, they all do.  So I go up to register and the receptionist tells me that it's going to be at least a 2 hour wait.  I don't care about the wait time, I am worried about how bad my hips are going to hurt from being squeezed between the arms of those chairs.  So I reluctantly chose a chair and prepared to squeeze my hips in.  I lowered my butt and OMG I FIT!!!  I sat there for 2 and a half hours waiting for the doctor and I wasn't even uncomfortable (except for a couple of numb butt cheeks).  Now there wasn't much room on either side but at least I wasn't in pain the whole time.  It's the little things that we appreciate so much. :)
DeeCanada
on 6/25/11 3:21 am
the littlest victories give the biggest smile.
all the best
d
pinkjellybean
on 6/25/11 3:23 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
That would be a big victory for me too!  It must have felt so good!

I look forward to sitting at those tables where the seats with backs are attached to the table....I can't tell you how many embarassing times I've tried to wedge myself between the table and the chair!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

TBIYTC
on 6/25/11 5:12 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I feel the same way!  Great NSV!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Quinns_mommy
on 6/25/11 3:34 am
That's so great! Sorry to hear you are sick though :(

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
trudylam
on 6/25/11 3:37 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks!  It's nothing that some antibiotics can't cure.  Even though I felt like **** I had a smile in my heart sitting in that chair! LOL
Typoqueen
on 6/25/11 3:41 am
What a great feeling!
Hope you feel better soon.

Kelly

Teresa L.
on 6/25/11 3:56 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congrats on this first of many small victories!! Feel better soon!!

Eileen C.
on 6/25/11 5:00 am - Cornwall, Canada
Great NSV

It is all those "little" things that we appreciate, isn't it LOL 

I use to hate when some one wanted to seat in a restaurant in a booth, I would be so uncomfortable, now I don't mind at all LOL

Take care and feel better soon

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
samtq
on 6/25/11 5:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
What an awesome feeling. That need to scan the room and the seats takes a long time to go away.  I can totally relate!  At a banquet I still scan for the most spacious route out so I don't embarrass myself squeezing between chairs!

This is a great accomplishment for you and will keep getting better!  Well except for the butt cheeks....they will hurt more!  lol 

Sue
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Most Active
Recent Topics