First day of Optifast

Pat-60
on 6/25/11 8:22 am
I have to say I REALLY like it!!  I was nervous about trying it after so many people seem to not like it.  I like the taste of protein shakes so maybe that made the difference.

B  - vanilla optifast with decaf coffee mixed in
L  -  vanilla optifast with raspberry ice crystal light - just like a milkshake
S -  chocolate with hazelnut syrup & a little decaf coffee

Will have the last one as a night snack, really feeling full, haven't even wanted the jello or broth yet. Hope all the days are as easy as this one!
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
Cheryl D.
on 6/25/11 8:52 am - Toronto, Canada
You have a GREAT attitude towards the Optifast.  While no one really loves doing it, it is required of us in order to get the surgery so we gotta suck it up eh.  But you sound like you're gonna do just fine!  I love to hear people being positive.   I think this attitude will set you up to be very successful in this amazing journey.  All the best to you :)

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

NervousNelly57
on 6/25/11 8:52 am - Guelph, Canada
Hi,

I'm not on optifast yet, but I decided I needed to push the  "reset button" on my eating patterns, so I've opted for protein smoothies and lean protein and vegetables for a few days to make up for too many poor choices the last few weeks.  Next week I'll introduce back in some of the other better choices...

However, my point is that I made a vanilla protein shake with frozen raspberries and some chunks of banana.  Very thick, and what a great flavour!

When I'm on optifast I won't be able to use the real fruit, but I'm going to invest in some raspberry and banana flavourings to add to it as well as some ice cubes to make it almost as thick as ice cream.

Good luck with your surgery!

djc3791
on 6/25/11 10:20 am - Toronto, Canada
glad to hear you've had a good first day!  I've heard the first couple of days are the hardest, so hopefully the rest will go as easy for you.

Good luck
Donna
thunderwoman
on 6/25/11 11:44 am - Canada
good for you.  I om on day 8 and to tell you the truth I did have headaches for a couple of days but found that they pass too.  i have been mixing in crystal light  too -other flavours and they taste great.
i have been drinking the broth daily about a cup or two at most each day however found that i rarely eat the jellos. too full. i have been drinking my water and that keeps me full.  not sure if I am losing but hope so. i love the Knorr's Vegetable broth best of all. all the best on your journey

LAURIE G.
on 6/25/11 1:59 pm - tillsonburg, Canada
Hi there,
I'm on day five.  I love optifast also!  Had beef broth yesterday evening but didn't need it today.  I added a Popsicle sugar free to my vanilla optifast at lunch....different texture was great.  I made a crystal light slushy tonight another treat!  Good luck.
Laurie
Quinns_mommy
on 6/25/11 9:06 pm

AWESOME! You are all doing great! Surgery will be here in no time!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
pinkjellybean
on 6/25/11 10:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
whew....

Glad it is going well for you!! 

You really spruced up those shakes - going to need to steal these ideas!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Mary A.
on 7/4/11 5:56 am
positive attitude = positive outcome..

or at least less dissapointment along the way

glad that you were able to find a combination that you could tolerate or even enjoy so early on..

KUDOS for being so creative~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Tammy G.
on 7/4/11 8:56 am - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
 good luck Pat!!!!

Tammy
Referral sent: July 23rd 2010
Orientation,Nurse Practitioner,Dietitian.Psychologist,ECG&Blood Work:November1st&2nd 2010
Ultrasound: November 25th 2010
Scope: December 29th 2010
Internist: January 5th 2011
Surgeon appt and Surgical Education Class March 17th 2011
Surgery: May 26th 2011
 My Beautiful  is my Joy Joy!!! ( Joy D.)
Most Active
Recent Topics