Post-op pain

trudylam
on 6/22/11 10:50 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hi everyone.  I am 3 and a half weeks post-op and I am still having alot of pain in the muscle on the right side of my tummy.  I know that they went through the muscle and that it will hurt a little longer but it is still really painful.  Did anyone else experience this after more than 3 weeks after surgery?  Guess I am just looking for reassurance that this is normal. :)  Thanks everyone. :)
Leanne1
on 6/22/11 11:22 am - Newmarket, Canada
Are you doing alot of walking and sipping??
trudylam
on 6/22/11 11:25 am - Sudbury, Canada
Yes.  I am walking every day and sipping as we speak. :)  Walking hurts so it's difficult to speed up the pace but I'm trying.
Monica M.
on 6/22/11 11:34 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
wish i could help, Trudy...

trudylam
on 6/22/11 11:38 am - Sudbury, Canada
You're the best. :)
Joy D.
on 6/22/11 11:55 am - Hamilton, Canada
 maybe you need to head to the emerg or call st Joe's team and get ur pain looked after Trudy, hope you resolve ur issue soon 

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

sam1am
on 6/22/11 11:55 am
 Is there any redness, heat or swelling aroung your incision?  Any chance of an infection?

I  would call your surgeons office to be on the safe side as I don't think it should be really painful at this point.

Please give us an update and I hope you feel better soon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

trudylam
on 6/22/11 12:21 pm - Sudbury, Canada
The incisions are ok, healed up nicely.  The pain is underneath, in the muscle.  It's just the last spot to feel better.  The right side has given me grief the whole time.  I think I will call tomorrow just to be on the safe side.  It just seems strange that it still hurts after all this time.  Thanks for advice everyone. :)
Lil-Stinker
on 6/22/11 12:31 pm
Im 2.5 weeks and my incisions still hurt
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
trudylam
on 6/22/11 1:13 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hang in there girl!  We'll get there! :) :)
Most Active
Recent Topics