what kind of beans?

Dollface-1981
on 6/22/11 8:28 am - Newmarket, Canada
 my meal plan says that next week i can start purees  whi*****ludes beans  what kinds of beans do they mean?  im confused

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Leanne1
on 6/22/11 8:30 am - Newmarket, Canada
I would think anything that is soft or you are able to puree
I ate bush's baked beans (from the states) but not alot of them.
highlandbear
on 6/22/11 8:34 am - Canada

I did refried beans when I did my puree stage.  They are are already to eat just heat and serve. You can do any beans you like as long as you puree them.

teacherof4
on 6/22/11 8:40 am
Doesn't your meal plan say 14 days after surgery for purees? The Humber booklet I have definitely says 14 days. Just wondering because I would like to try something different for protein.

Sherri
June 14, 2011 - Surgery date                
Leanne1
on 6/22/11 8:44 am - Newmarket, Canada
Next tuesday is her day14 ;)   I am sure she is just getting prepared for the next stage :)  She is very organized that way :)

Gooooo Amy goooo :D:D:D heeehe! You are doing sooo great!!  WOOT!

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Dollface-1981
on 6/22/11 9:19 am - Newmarket, Canada
thanks Leanne!  And thanks for all the ideas... and I know what you mean about wanting to try other proteins.. cant wait for next week lol

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Lil-Stinker
on 6/22/11 9:27 am
I would think canned beans such as kidney beans
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
KristieA
on 6/22/11 9:30 am - Orillia, Canada
Hijack....Nice pic!

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

KristieA
on 6/22/11 9:29 am - Orillia, Canada
You could probably puree kidney beans and add them to mashed potatoes if that is a flavour you may like. I have been eating edamame beans. If you cooked the crap out of them and mushed them they could be added to stuff as well. They don't have a lot of flavour, but are high in protein.

Sounds like you are doing good. Keep up the good work.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

PatXYZ
on 6/22/11 11:56 am
Don't forget that when eating non-animal protein sources you need a bit of carbohydrate to be able to fully digest the plant protein. Adding a tiny bit of grains and some tomato to the beans will allow you to better absorb both the protein and the iron. If you're not comfortable adding grains at this point look for chickpeas (91) and soybeans (78) which have higher pdaas scores than other legumes, but most legumes have a score around 60-70.
Most Active