8days after surgery...hate boost!

q8emama
on 6/18/11 11:34 am - Canada
Hi all, I'm 8 days after surgery and having a hard time getting the boost and/or carnation in. I feel more sick when I'm drinking it and I haven't yet got three down in a day. My other fluids are okay but I'm sure I'm not getting enough protein in. Did anyone else have this problem? What else did you do. The nurse suggested beneprotein mixed with skim milk as it's not so sweet...my hubby ordered it from the drugstore as we couldn't find it anywhere. I have some whey protein in my cupboard? What do you think? I feel like I am mourning food...I miss eating and it's so early yet. this is harder than I thought it would be. Any advice, encouragement, etc.?
highlandbear
on 6/18/11 11:45 am - Canada

I could not do the boost at all. The smell of it would turn my stomach. Canation was hard but easier than the boost. It would take me all morning to drink one. I never did get 4 into me. I would only get 2 or 2 and half in on a good day. try just a little at a time of the carnation. I would ask the clinic about the whey protein. Each clinic has there own rules and it is best to follow there rules.  You can get through this. This was the hardest stage for me because of those drinks. I did not miss food though so that helped. Good Luck and you can do it.

murphy10
on 6/18/11 12:40 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 I agree the Boost and Carnation are horrible and there's only 6 grms of protein or something like that.  I used the Costco protein drinks which have 28 grms and only had to drink three a day.  They don't taste bad at all and the nutritionist said they were fine to use.  Keep them in the fridge, drink with ice and if you want you can add a SF flavour to it.
Lorraine
laura S.
on 6/18/11 1:14 pm - London, Canada
Not sure, but I think Premier Protein from costco is an option. They are premade chocolate shakes.  $25 for 18 shakes.

Best of luck.

Laura

Dollface-1981
on 6/18/11 11:35 pm - Newmarket, Canada
a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264101_1015020870469 4724_511489723_7147473_5169204_n.jpg

Weider Whey Protien Fruit Splash... Peach Mango.... just like peach juice... but with 20 grams of protien.  Its the best and soo much better than the milkshake options....

You should be able to get it at Costco... but i have also gotten it at Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart... I also cant handle the Boost... gross.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

q8emama
on 6/19/11 7:22 am - Canada
THANK YOU! I'll be shopping for it tomorrow!
Most Active