Question about puree stage.

trudylam
on 6/18/11 8:29 am - Sudbury, Canada
Hello everyone.  I have a question.  Is it ok to drink with the meal while on the pureed stage?  What stage to we start waiting 30 minutes?  I started my pureed stage tonight so I was just curious.  Thanks everyone! 

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  I am hosting a BBQ here tomorrow so I am pretty nervous.  I am making a carrot cake, a key lime cheesecake and BBQ chicken.  Oh how will I get through it?  LOL  Good luck everyone. :)

highlandbear
on 6/18/11 8:35 am - Canada
pureed is still food so no drinking 30 min before to 30 min after.  This is for life so start getting use to it. Have fun with th BBQ.
q8emama
on 6/18/11 11:21 am - Canada
You're a trooper...I don't think I could do that right now. I told my husband our daughters would take him out for dinner tomorrow....good luck with your bbq.
As I still have 3 weeks to go before I hit puree stage, I can't answer your question but I am having a hard time of the modified liquids stage. I hate boost and carnation, I feel sick to my stomach a lot although I'm not vomiting. I was just wondering how you did through that stage? Any tips?
trudylam
on 6/18/11 11:37 am - Sudbury, Canada
You're not alone, I struggled through it too.  It's at the point now that I can't stomach the boosts or carnation.  For the broth I bought Lipton's chicken noodle soup and strained the noodles out.  It was the only broth that tasted good at all.  The full fluids stage isn't much better :(  I actually started purees about a day and a half early because I just coudn't do it anymore.  Hang in there, take it one day at a time.  I was so overwhelmed when I thought about how long I would be in a certain stage.  I think I might try putting the shakes in the blender with ice and coffee to see if that helps.  Something HAS to make those things taste better! LOL
Donnaslifepart2
on 6/19/11 8:35 pm - Canada
I hope you had a great BBQ yesterday.  I struggled with what to do as well.  I wound up making Greek chicken souvlaki with greek rice and salad.  I pureed 2 oz of the chicken and had 1/4 c. rice.  I wet it all down with a touch of local greek dressing.

Of course, my kids all laughed at Mom eating catfood (they really are very supportive and have told me that they can see a difference in my face and shoulders and that they just see a smaller me).  Even my 14 month old grand daughter ate more than me and she weighs 24 lbs.  I skipped the cake but had one cherry from hubby's frozen black cherry yogurt.  I was fine.

I too am really struggling with the phases of eating.  I just wanted to throw in the towel last week.  Part of it is that I felt deprived, part of it is the defiant child in me who breaks rules just because they are there (that has painful consequences in this case).  Part of it is my longing to be normal and that these phases are just another variation of abnormality (hence the cat food jokes).  I just wish food could be a non-issue instead of the centre of everything I do.
Most Active
Recent Topics