Cravings

trudylam
on 6/16/11 9:02 am - Sudbury, Canada
It's been just over 2 weeks since my surgery so I haven't had food in over a month.  Some days I am hungry, some days I am not.  I am definitely struggling with the evil "head hunger".  I think that's what it is.  I am craving food really badly.  But it's weird, I am craving healthy food!  I want a salad, tomatoes, corn on the cob, fish.  Some nights I get the munchies and wish I could pop a big bowl of popcorn and settle in.  I am not giving in to the cravings as I am still on full fluids but it's getting a bit discouraging that my brain is going there.  I am having a problem getting all my shakes in too.  I hate them!  It's like I am being forced to drink dish-soap 3 times a day.  I am going to have to find something that works because at this point I am only getting anything other than water in because I have to.  If it was up to me I would just skip it all together.

Sorry guys, just venting.  I'll get over this, I'm just having a difficult time with the cravings.  This too shall pass....

Monica M.
on 6/16/11 9:41 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It will pass, Trudy. Wish i had something inspirational to stay, but just keep your head down and get through it.

trudylam
on 6/16/11 10:26 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks Monica :)  It really is true that the surgery doesn't change your brain! LOL  It really makes me see how often I would eat before.  I wasn't hungry but that didn't stop me from munching on crap!  Even now, I'm not hungry but my brain wants to eat.  Learning as I go.   Have an awesome day!
Monica M.
on 6/17/11 12:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Oh i know. I haven't had cravings, but i do find myself looking in the fridge to see what's there. 

Have a great day yourself!!

SandpaperSandy
on 6/16/11 10:27 am - Kitchener, Canada
OK, so look at your guidelines and see what you can have - can you have SF pudding, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese?  that would give you something to "snack" on. 

It is hard and know that you are not alone.

ibed
on 6/16/11 10:47 am
our surgeries were pretty close, I'm struggling with the same things - almost.  I just want to bite into foods.  I have no desire to actually eat them but I just want to use my jaws again.  seems like it's been forever since i've been slerping my meals..lol
did you have a week or two of clear fluids, isn't the dish-soap"" better then the broth?
good luck with the head hunger - i gotta admit it is easier to deal with now then any diet i've been on (hope the same goes for you.)

debi.,
twins4meplus1
on 6/16/11 11:25 am - St Thomas, Canada
Treat the shakes like Medicine for now that you just have to take. If you can shakes are you on full fluids? Can you have cream soups, oatmeal and that kind of stuff?

Go to a supplement place and ask to sample some protein shakes till you find one that you like.

The only one I drink now is the Ready to Drink Premier Shakes from Costco. They taste like chocolate milk.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

trudylam
on 6/16/11 10:28 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Thank you for the suggestions everyone.  I appreciate it. :)  I am trying to get my brain to stop thinking the way it used to.  It's going to take a while. :)
CdnGal
on 6/17/11 2:31 am - Canada
If it's any consolation to you... I dreamed of cheesies the other night :)  Not doing it, but thought in my dream that perhaps I could just suck on one! lol  I find it hard to get the shakes in too.  Hang in there!
flyingwoman
on 6/17/11 8:38 am
 I found after surgery i couldn't deal with ANY protein drinks that needed to be mixed with milk. 

I went to the ones that are more like fruit drinks (Nectar, Weiders) and that made it very easy to get my protein in. Maybe that will work for you?

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics