Just when I thought things were looking up....

trudylam
on 6/12/11 11:03 am - Sudbury, Canada
It looks like one of my incisions is getting infected.  When I took the steri-strips off a few days ago, one of the strips was folded inside one of my incisions so it wasn't closed together like it should have been.  Now tonight I am getting a red ring around it so I am afraid that it's getting infected.  My mom is on her way over here to take me to the hospital (of course I discovered this after the walk-in clinic closed) so I can get some antibiotics or something.  For now I have it slathered with polysporin and covered with a bandaid.  Did any of you get infected incisions?  Wish me luck :)

sam1am
on 6/12/11 11:08 am
Hey Trudy,

I didn't get an infection in my incision with my VSG, but I did when I got my tubes tied.  All I had to do was clean it very well and put a bandaid with polysporin on it as well.  I called telehealth and that's what they advised me.  It took a few days, but healed before long.

Good luck!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica M.
on 6/12/11 11:24 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it'll be fine, trudy, dont worry about it. you did the right thing. I probably wouldnt go to the hospital for that, but if that makes you feel better, then go. Let me know how it goes.

Mon

JJ_
on 6/12/11 11:35 am
Are you running a fever?  If not, personally I would wait until tomorrow to see a doctor.  You have taken the correct steps of cleaning it and applying polysporin.

You can always call telehealth to see what their advice would be.

Good luck!

Judy
Lorie S.
on 6/12/11 2:37 pm
You are right to follow up with a doctors appt even if it is in the ER  if you do not want to wait. When I had my hysterical surgery I had a staph infection in my incision. They will culture it and let you know what kind of antibiotics you will need. Just clean it well and keep an eye on it in the mean time. *hugs* 

Lorie
trudylam
on 6/12/11 10:37 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks everyone. :)  I did go to the hospital, as much as I hate to go for little things.  Mostly because I won't be able to get to my family doctor today and I was afraid to leave it too long.  The doctor said that it was mildly infected and to just keep doing what I've been doing.  I'm a little gun shy when it comes to infections.  I had an infection and I went septic about 7 years ago so since then I am a little jumpy when it comes to that sort of thing. 

On the bright side I started the full fluid diet this morning so I am having thinned out cream of wheat with some splenda and cinnamon in it.  YUMMY!  lol

Thanks again everyone :)

T.

Monica M.
on 6/12/11 11:01 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Good to hear. I understand you being gunshy about infections. Good for you for getting it checked out.

mon

Most Active
Recent Topics