THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dollface-1981
on 6/13/11 12:31 am - Newmarket, Canada
So... tomorrow is the day.  I'm on my last day of Optifast.  3 more shakes to get down and then I'm finally done lol  I am down 19 pounds... and that makes me happy.

The kids are off to their dads tonight for the week... their bags are packed and ready to go... I shed some tears this morning when I walked them to school... its hard to say goodbye.... but they are being so strong and supportive.  My daughter gave me one of her teddies to take to the hospital with me so I can have someone to hug.

I talked to my Mother last night (adopted mom) and had a good cry... i seem to be super emotional.  My mom (birth mom) is coming up tonight to stay with me, and my husband took the week off to be with me.  We will be at the hospital at 8:30am.  Surgery at 10:30.

My mother asked me what worries me the most, and I don't know... the whole situation I guess.  I'm scared.  I'm scared of the pain... I'm scared of complications... I'm scared of the healing process.

But I am not scared about the outcome.  I have never been more ready or determined to succeed at anything in my life.  This is life changing ... and that's what I want it to be.  I'm soo freaking excited to get on the bench!!!

See y'all on the flip side

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Geri T.
on 6/13/11 12:39 am - Blenheim, Canada
Don't be scared...everything will be fine. 

Don't be scared of the pain...they have drugs for that.

Don't be scared of the complications...just follow the instructions by your doctors and the clinic.

Don't be scared of the healing process...again follow the rules provided to you by the doctor and the clinic and you will be fine. 

Its when we don't do as we are told we should be scared and you are a very smart woman and I can't see you not listening to what you have been told to do or not to do on this journey we have decided to talk.

See you on the bench tomorrow...I have moved over to make room for you. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you

Geri

gavinw
on 6/13/11 12:49 am - Canada
Good luck. I too have the same fears. I have been waiting for this for 12 years, and the reality of it finally getting done is scaring the s%&$ out of me. I keep talking myself out of it, and my family keep saying you have worked so hard to get here, and you need it to stay alive. Great support group. I find out this week my date, I have already told them end of August as my wife and I want to spen our anniversary together somewhere and not the hospital.

Good luck.

Tammy G.
on 6/13/11 12:54 am - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
Good luck girl!! Wishing you a speed recovery :) Tammy
Referral sent: July 23rd 2010
Orientation,Nurse Practitioner,Dietitian.Psychologist,ECG&Blood Work:November1st&2nd 2010
Ultrasound: November 25th 2010
Scope: December 29th 2010
Internist: January 5th 2011
Surgeon appt and Surgical Education Class March 17th 2011
Surgery: May 26th 2011
 My Beautiful  is my Joy Joy!!! ( Joy D.)
Moselle
on 6/13/11 1:14 am - Athens, Canada
Being nervous and emotional is totally normal.  Just take deep breaths and it will be over and you will be on the bench before you know it.

I wish you an uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery. You will be fine - just relax and get ready to enjoy the ride. I look forward to hearing about your successful journey.

Hugs.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Leanne1
on 6/13/11 1:43 am - Newmarket, Canada
Awesome post!
You are going to do soo great

We are all here cheering you on!! WOOT

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

tera P.
on 6/13/11 1:55 am - Picton, Canada
tera P.
on 6/13/11 2:03 am - Picton, Canada
I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery
enjoy your night before the biggest step of your Life !
I am a week behind you my surgery is next Monday

referral: October 2010, Orientation: Feb 14, Surgeon: March 18
SW, bypass class,dietician:April 29, pre op / surgeon May24 Surgery JUNE 20

TBIYTC
on 6/13/11 2:17 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I second what Moselle said.  Being emotional is perfectly normal.  This is a big change in your life, and change is emotional - but it's also exciting, exhilerating and totally energizing.  Remember to take big breaths, smile, and enjoy the process!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Quinns_mommy
on 6/13/11 2:36 am
Alright Amy!!! Moving on over on the bench! And WTG losing 19lbs of opti! AWESOME!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Most Active