No gas :(

trudylam
on 5/31/11 11:47 pm - Sudbury, Canada
 Well I am still in the hospital and it looks like they are keeping me an xtra day because I am not passing gas.  Still in of pain so walking is hard. 

KristieA
on 5/31/11 11:54 pm - Orillia, Canada
Sorry to hear that Trudy. I am sure you are anxious to get home. Once that gas comes out you will feel like a million bucks! Your room will stink, but that will pass...ha,ha.

I have been thinking of you the last few days. Hope everything gets better soon.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Monica M.
on 5/31/11 11:54 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
walking will help you pass gas, which will decrease the pain. Try to do it, Trudy....

Crackintoes
on 6/1/11 12:24 am, edited 6/1/11 12:27 am - Canada
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time Trudy but boy can I relate.

Hobble around as much as you can because that will help. As much as it's the last thing that I wanted to do, it didn't hurt much more than just lying there and it got things moving.

Something one of the nurse's mentioned while I was aching my way up and down the hall really helped. She said she suffered gastric issued for years and laying in the fetal position on her left side always got things moving.

It hurt like hell but it really got the gas flowing; almost instantly. For me every squeeker was followed by a big sigh of relief.

Good luck and I'll say a prayer that you come out the other side  sooner rather than later.
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

Lisa3756
on 6/1/11 12:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
C'mon Trudy you can do it!!!

FART! FART! FART!

Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Monica M.
on 6/1/11 1:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

they should have a fart smiley.... they have a puking one.

BubblyD
on 6/1/11 1:24 am
Awe sorry to hear that Trudy.  Hope you can pass some gas soon so you can get feeling better and get home. 
My angels are Sharon D and Weathers_pc. 
ToNewBeginnings
on 6/1/11 3:00 am
I was in the same boat. I was kept a little longer. I had a roomie for three days who was cool and I felt comfortable with her. Then they sent in another girl who had not had surgery yet, and I had the curtains drawn and I felt the gas coming! omg it was the longest loudest fart ever! The two ladies beside me started laughing, I don't think they could help themselves.
 It felt so good I couldnt have cared who the heck was in the room!!!
Good luck!!!
charm64
on 6/1/11 8:50 am - Cambridge, Canada
I'm six days out and I had the same problem.  I didn't even feel the gas badly untill I got home.  Still feeling it!  When I was able to get up and walk it did start.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

JJ_
on 6/1/11 10:16 am
Just TOOT, TOOT, TOOT, all the way home!  You can do it.
Most Active
Recent Topics