Clear fluids suggestions?

trudylam
on 5/28/11 12:59 am - Sudbury, Canada
I have just started my 2 days of clear fluids for surgery on Monday.  I know I can have apple juice, tea, jello and broth.  Any other suggestions?  How did you get through this stage?  My head hunger is so bad right now.  Thank you for any replies. :)
KristieA
on 5/28/11 1:24 am - Orillia, Canada
Hi Trudy

Unfortunately that is about it for clear fluids. The only thing I can suggest is keep yourself very busy. Monday probably seems a long way off, but it will be here before you know it. If someone else can cook for your family that may help. I did a lot of closet cleaning two days pre op just to keep myself out of the kitchen.

Good luck on Monday.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Lisa3756
on 5/28/11 1:28 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Can you have Crystal Lite or sf popsicles?
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
trudylam
on 5/28/11 1:32 am - Sudbury, Canada
Yes, I can have those too.  I forgot.  LOL

ibed
on 5/28/11 2:16 am
it's so funny how different each hospital is, i have surgery tomorrow but am still on optifast today (sorry not trying to make you jelous in anyway.)  good luck this weekend, i still feel hungry on opti sometimes - my fingers are crossed for you.  good luck on monday (by the way i used to work up in your area a couple years ago - lived in barrie and worked in stroud.)  debi.,
trudylam
on 5/28/11 3:03 am - Sudbury, Canada
I don't quite understand why the rules are so different...it makes no sense.  I am in Alcona, been around the Barrie area for the better part of 20 years.

sam1am
on 5/28/11 4:12 am
 What about making yourself a really flavourful vegetable broth?  You could add your favourite veggies then strain them out after.  Add spices and/or garlic and/or hot sauce for variety.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

trudylam
on 5/28/11 6:27 am - Sudbury, Canada
I did that this morning, I have been drinking it all day.  I added onion, carrots, celery and a can of tomatoes and salt and pepper.  I strained it and it tastes reallly close to the Campbells vegetable soup broth.  I got some more crystal lite this afternoon so I'll try freezing it into ice cubes for fun! LOL

Patti K.
on 5/28/11 6:19 am - Kingston On, Canada
Thats a great suggestion Sandy...thats what I did...made my own veggie broth...the boxed stuff just made me want to throw up!!  it was sooooooo good....Patti K.

Eileen C.
on 5/28/11 10:25 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Trudy

I found the 3rd day was the easiest on the clear fluids, after surgery I bought Swanson's chicken

broth and it was alot better tasting than Campbell's, also remember after surgery your taste buds

may change and what you like now may not be what you will like after LOL

Good luck and don't forget the end is near, good luck with your surgery

Sending warm hugs and healing vibes your way,        and hang on you are going to be on a wl
journey of your life, all good LOL

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics