Optifast Question

StevesGal
on 5/27/11 3:30 am - Hamilton, Canada
Welcome, Freddy.  I love your screen name!  Long time since I've heard that name.

You'll find this forum very helpful.  We have people from all stages here: learning, waiting, counting down and post surgery.

I would check into the Advil/Tylenol thing.  The St. Joe's (Hamilton) handbook says no pain pills of any kind for the whole week before surgery, and definitely no NSAIDs after (Advil, Motrin, etc.).

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Freddy_Fender
on 5/27/11 3:50 am - Elginburg, Canada
Thanks Beth :)

** Crackintoes, I noticed you said you would drink fat free chicken broth? Is that allowed while we're on Optifast? I had a quick look through my book and I didnt see it listed there.
Maybe different hospitals allow for ifferent fluis?

I would love it if I was allowed to have that, it would really take the edge off.

Regards
Freddy
Leslie W.
on 5/27/11 5:41 am - Cobourg, Canada
The different sites have different rules as to what you can take while on Opti. Follow the rules for your centre. That is the safest way, or give them a call.

Good luck and Welcome

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active