Putting your time on Optifast into perspective

Cheryl Allan
on 5/28/11 7:35 am - Canada
I loved my optifast, when my NUT said how is it going on opti I said I love it and she thought I was being sarcastic but i wasnt so she laffed even she thought it was horrid. I used less water in some of mine and ate them as a pudding it was like eating chocolate mousse, or rasberry when i added    crystal light to the vanilla I found then heavenly lol
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

A T.
on 5/28/11 8:13 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi

Question for everyone.   I am not worried about the Optifast, bring it on.  That means I am
closer to the bench.  My question is how many of you that have done Optifast went to 
work ?

Thanks
Allison
Monica M.
on 5/28/11 9:21 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
optifast is no problem at all. i used a shaker, mixed it with cold water, away you go. People around me knew what i was doing. Don't sweat it.

StevesGal
on 5/28/11 9:40 am, edited 5/27/11 11:57 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi, Allison.

Someone suggested the shaker that you can buy at GNC. It has a little wire ball in it to help break up the chunks of powder. I'm going to check it out next week. I'll need it for a day trip to the Zoo with my DH's class on my 2nd day of OF.

My friend has a Magic Bullet at my work that I can borrow, and since I work off hours from most everyone else, I won't have a lot of 'splainin' to do'!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

A T.
on 5/28/11 9:57 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Thanks 

I just bought the Magic Bullet at Walmart today on sale 38.00.  I might take it to work
or just use the Shaker.  

Allison
Nesha_Bless
on 5/29/11 10:14 am - Canada
onikenbai
on 5/29/11 11:44 am - Canada
I didn't do Opti because I'm allergic to it, but I did the 400 calorie, no fat, no carbs, no sugar thing for more than three weeks and went to work at the same time.  I do field work some days and I think the greatest hell day was the day I was groundwater sampling at the Nestle chocolate factory about two weeks in to my pre-op diet.  Chocolate smell everywhere and it was unescapable!  Sunny day, 10hrs of physical work, chocolate smell all round me and all the crystal light I could handle... I wanted to puke.  I thought my problem would have been wanting to faint, but strangely that wasn't an issue at all.  

I think it depends on what your job is; office work shouldn't be a problem.  Factory worker is a little more challenging and road work crew probably downright dangerous.  I know this time round (cause I'm going to do it all over again for a revision) I will be turning down any groundwater sampling that comes my way.

tricia lynch
on 5/28/11 3:56 pm - thorold, Canada

I will drink it when my time comes cause that means im almost at surgery but thanks everyone.. i hear people talk about how horrible it is and they just get sick i think this is the first time i seem people talking positive about it:) i mean hell i grew up on buckleys when i was sick and i liked that so i can do this lol prob taste better then good old buckleys

StevesGal
on 5/29/11 8:42 am - Hamilton, Canada
You liked Buckley's??    It's all I can do now to get it down as an adult!  I have to hold my nose and swallow quickly - and I usually have a 'water chaser' to get the taste out of my mouth.  It makes my spine shiver just thinking about it.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

CdnGal
on 5/28/11 9:14 pm - Canada
I don't mind optifast actually.  I like it with decaf instant coffee & hazelnut, with crystal light, and the chocolateis my lunchtime treat.  I feel full and don't feel deprieved.  For work I do staff out of the lunchroom, as I findit hard when I am around food.  I also am not around food when my dh eats so I am not putting myself in those difficult situations.  Besides, I only have 1 more week to go!
Most Active