Optifast DAY 2.........

Dollface-1981
on 5/25/11 2:51 am - Newmarket, Canada
Its not so bad :)  I actually like the chocolate one.. kind of lol   I put in extra water.. so its not so thick.. and today i tried it with banana extract and I really liked it!  Even adding a scoop of instant coffee and a bit of ice is good.. kind of like an ice cap from tims.....

The vanilla on the other hand.... its really sweet.. and hard for me to get down.  I added raspberry crystal light to it.. and it kind of tasted like a strawberry milkshake... but not really.  I thought adding ice might help... but it just made it harder to drink.  I think I will just have to live with gulping that kind.. but its only day 2.. and I will keep trying different flavors :) 

I don't feel hungry yet... we had a few half bags of chips in the house last night and my husband was kind enough to throw them out... I knew I wouldn't eat them.. but just knowing they were there was really bothering me.

So far so good though :)

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Quinns_mommy
on 5/25/11 2:53 am
You're doing great lady!!! I can't wait to hear about your progress after surgery! Very excited for you!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
jthompson593
on 5/25/11 3:01 am
Hey Mrs. Dollface....Trust me, it does get easier.I'm on day 10. I use 400ml of water and 6 ice in a blender for my drinks. The chocolate one I feel that I don't need to add anything to it but the vanilla I find, yes it's sweet. I add cherry pomengrate crystal light or raspberry, even a lemon lime crystal light. I don't feel hunger and haven't felt hunger since about day 3 and now. It does get easier and thank God I'm only on it for 4 more days. I haven't even had to have my broth for a couple days. Just the drinks and water and a sf jello here and there. I weighed on tuesday morning and was down 7lbs. I'm wishing you all the best in this Opti stage!!!
Lil-Stinker
on 5/25/11 3:01 am
Thank goodness you like the chocolate at least! Good for you - keep at it :-)
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Lisa3756
on 5/25/11 3:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hijack...sorry!  Lil, what's the scoop for you and the extra week?  Are they going to supply you with more Optifast?
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Jyle
on 5/25/11 5:31 am - kitchener, Canada

I was the same way.... loved the chocolate flavour, 12 days and counting hun !!

HW:286lbs SW:255lbs Clinic GW:190lbs Surgeon GW:160lbs MyGW:140lbs    
Dollface-1981
on 5/25/11 5:42 am - Newmarket, Canada
I wi**** was just 12 more days.. but alas im on this stuff for 3 weeks lol..... but thank you everyone for the words!!!!

sam1am
on 5/25/11 6:06 am
Hi Dollface (name suits you by the way), I've seen where some people mixed chocolate and vanilla Optifast and it took on the flavour of the chocolate.  Maybe worth a try?  In any event, continued success!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Dollface-1981
on 5/25/11 6:50 am - Newmarket, Canada
Thank you Sam1am!  I will try that for sure!!!!

teacherof4
on 5/25/11 8:15 am
I have been mixing the 2 flavours and I find it much easier to drink -- try it and see but I think it has less of a sweet taste to it. Good Luck!
June 14, 2011 - Surgery date                
Most Active