Day One of Optifast... taken from my blog....

Dollface-1981
on 5/24/11 12:24 am - Newmarket, Canada
So last night I had to break up a 30 year old relationship .. with food.. 

As one person put it.. it was more of a divorce... and in the words of a wise woman...

"That food was an a**hole anyway, and you re better off without it" lol

This morning I tried my first optifast.  My daughter told me to try the chocolate.  The kids were super curious about it!  I did add an extra 100ml of cold water... I didn't want it very thick.... I let both kids try a sip and they liked it... said it tasted like chocolate milk lol  

I thought it tasted a bit like Slimfast.  I really am glad I have my blender.. and even picked up a extra one to keep at work.  Im excited to try all the different flavors!

I was sitting with the kids while they were having breakfast and my daughter said they would have soup for dinner and I can have my broth... my son said he didn't want soup.. and my daughter said, "Ewan, we have to be supportive to Mom"  soo cute!  I told them thank you.. but they still have to eat lol

Although I dint think I'm going to love these next few weeks...
I definitely think I can get through it.. and I know why I'm doing it...

My daughter (who's only 10 by the way)
after I made a face taking my last sip...
asked me "Is it worth it?" 
And I asked her "what do you think?" 
She said yes.

And then she went on to remind me that I will be able to ride bikes and go on the trampoline with her when I'm skinny. 

I will never make that face again.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 1:10 am
Great post.  It is worth it.  You are going to have so much fun with your kids when you lose the weight!

Elizabeth

JennaKopanyi
on 5/24/11 1:28 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
 your daughter is very wise :) funny how kids are

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

allmylife4
on 5/24/11 2:21 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Sounds like you have wonderful kids. Thanks for sharing that moment with us. You are going to do great. Keep us posted.

Julie    
Arttina
on 5/24/11 2:56 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Wow! Fantastic post! You made me smile. It's so worth it!!!!
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

Monica M.
on 5/24/11 3:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
awwwww, they're frickin adorable.

and its totally worth it.

I kind of got a little emotional, Dollface. I wish i had done this when my kids were small, and not tried to convince myself that i could do it on my own. I think of all that time i wasted being fat, when i could have been enjoying my kids so much.

You'll do so awesome at this whole thing.

teacherof4
on 5/24/11 7:16 am
My daughter is also 10 and she is very excited about all the things we are going to be able to do together. I didn't realize how much she had thought about this -- they are wise for their young age!
June 14, 2011 - Surgery date                
Manda M.
on 5/24/11 11:32 am
This made me tear up. That's beautiful
Most Active