Question for dumpers.....

prdmomof3
on 5/23/11 10:19 am - Canada
Ok I have never dumped (touch wood) nor do I ever want to but I have a question about it....How soon after you ate something did you dump?  Was it right after or did it take some time while it digested ??

I just would like to know in case it ever does happen to me...hoping it won't!

Michelle

Jennifer D.
on 5/23/11 10:23 am, edited 5/22/11 10:24 pm
Within a half hour the symptoms of hyperglycemia set in and within 2.5 hours the symptoms of hypoglycemia. I am sure everyone differs though.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dumping-syndrome/DS00715
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Amy_Lynn
on 5/23/11 11:17 am
Hi there

This happened to me the first time this past weekend and let me tell you lesson learned.  It started with in 5 minutes and I was totally out of it for the next 3 hours. 
Amy

Surgery October 13/10
EricaFG is my

Jennifer H.
on 5/23/11 12:03 pm - Sudbury, Canada
I only dumped full out once Thank You Lord and it was a month after I got home from the hospital. It started 10 minutes after I ate the vita vim pill. Vomiting a couple times, then diarrhea for 24 hours.

Other much more mild dumping I experience is simply excellerated heart rate and I need to lie down for 15-20 minutes and it passes. It doesn't happen very often because I am super careful of how much sugar is in everything I eat. (ie very very litte) I didn't know this was dumping until the NUT told me at my 3 month checkup.
HW 441, SW 401, GW 200 B Positive. It's not just my blood type.        
Gabygee
on 5/24/11 1:08 am - Canada
It's been three times so far for me.
The shortest lag time was about 10 minutes, the other two times were about 20 minutes after eating the offending food.
The duration - well, the shortest was 90 minutes, and the longest 3 hours.
Having had a heart attack once before, I can certainly agree that the symptoms are quite close to it, though not identical.

The greatest surprise was that it wasn't a straight "too much sugar" thing, because I am very careful about my labels.
It's the hidden sugars (eg. Boost for Diabetics) that did it for me.

Most Active