Entering the home stretch....

trudylam
on 5/23/11 4:55 am - Sudbury, Canada
Well my surgery is in 7 short days!  I can't believe it!  It's almost hard to wrap my head around it.  I have been waiting for more than a year, going for a bunch of tests and appointments and it's almost ready to pay off.  I go for my PATTS tomorrow in Hamilton so this is real.  Pinch me! LOL  I am on day 10 of optifast and I am struggling.  I will make it but I have learned how strong I can be.  I am resisting tempting foods and it's getting easier every day.  I was having a hard time with broth so I stopped at the grocery store today and picked up an onion, celery, carrots and fresh sage and cooked them all in chicken broth with some salt and pepper.  I strained the veggies out and I'll freeze them so I can puree them post-op.  I just had some of the broth and it was de-lish!  This is what I will be living on for my clear fluids stage.  Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!  Take care all :)
Tammy G.
on 5/23/11 5:34 am - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
 Im with you on that one 3 more days for me!!! you are doing awesome :) keep up the good work!!! today is my last day of opti thank god LOL

Tammy
Referral sent: July 23rd 2010
Orientation,Nurse Practitioner,Dietitian.Psychologist,ECG&Blood Work:November1st&2nd 2010
Ultrasound: November 25th 2010
Scope: December 29th 2010
Internist: January 5th 2011
Surgeon appt and Surgical Education Class March 17th 2011
Surgery: May 26th 2011
 My Beautiful  is my Joy Joy!!! ( Joy D.)
trudylam
on 5/23/11 8:43 am - Sudbury, Canada
I hope to never see another opti after this! LOL  Have a safe drive tomorrow...bbm me so I know you made it.  You are going to do great!  Make sure you let me know how you do.  BIG HUGS!!!!

Tammy G.
on 5/23/11 11:14 am - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
 Will do Trudy :) and thank you..I will let you know...hugs too you also!!

Referral sent: July 23rd 2010
Orientation,Nurse Practitioner,Dietitian.Psychologist,ECG&Blood Work:November1st&2nd 2010
Ultrasound: November 25th 2010
Scope: December 29th 2010
Internist: January 5th 2011
Surgeon appt and Surgical Education Class March 17th 2011
Surgery: May 26th 2011
 My Beautiful  is my Joy Joy!!! ( Joy D.)
Monica M.
on 5/23/11 6:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
So proud of you, Trudy. You're going to do so well, i just know it.

trudylam
on 5/23/11 8:44 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks Monica! :)  I appreciate your support more than you know. :)

Monica M.
on 5/23/11 9:02 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Quinns_mommy
on 5/23/11 6:10 am
WOO HOO!!! Keeping a spot warm for both of you on the bench!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
trudylam
on 5/23/11 8:45 am - Sudbury, Canada
Thanks so much!!  See ya on the other side soon! :)

Moselle
on 5/23/11 6:39 am - Athens, Canada
Good things come to those who wait and this surgery is definitely a good thing in my opinion. The optifast stage isn't easy but it's doable. Keep your eye on the prize and endure the final week keeping in mind that it's a journey not a destination and we are all along fo the ride.

Take care and I wish you all the best for your upcoming surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics