When is the best time to exercise??

prdmomof3
on 5/17/11 3:55 am - Canada
I know that anytime is good as long as you get in a workout but really when is the best time to workout?  First thing in the morning?  Before you eat a meal? After you eat a meal? Before bed?

Need some advice..... I usually try and get 30 mins in the morning(usually a 5km walk) and 30 mins after supper this is usually my exercise bike in front of the TV. 

Michelle.

Monica M.
on 5/17/11 4:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Ottawa34
on 5/17/11 4:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
thanx for posting that Monica, very informative. 
debralight
on 5/17/11 4:55 am - Canada
I figure any time one actually exercises is a good time to exercise.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Marny B.
on 5/17/11 5:45 am - Canada
Froom what I have read, exercising first thing in the morning, followed by a good boost of protein is the best thing.  However, if you are like me, I am up at 5:30 to get everyone ready and the family out the door in the mornings (we have a long commute), so the morning is out for me.  I exercise at about 7-8 pm and it is fine.  I have seen good results.  I usually have t a hard time wanting to go because I feel tired by that time of night, however, when I get there, I find that I get a second wind.  My only problem is that when I get back I am wide awake and I end up staying awake a lot later than I normally would.  Then I'm exhausted the next day.  lol

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 8:42 pm
I have found first thing in the morning gives me more energy through the day. This last week with no help with the kids in the morning has proved it to me. I have been lethargic and depressed because I could not run until later in the day. It's been hard because I was used to getting up and running at 6:50, come home to take care of my grandchildren and have energy to play all day with them. This last week I didn't have the energy in the morning to tire them out and they have been grumpy. I am so happy Grand-dad came home last night because tomorrow I can get out first thing in the morning once again.

I also found if I exercised too late it would cause me to be awake longer. I heard a long time ago that you should not exercise within 2 hours of bed because of this.

I wish you all the best on finding your rhythm.
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/18/11 7:01 am - Windsor, Canada
Whenever it fits in your schedule enough to consistently do it.

My first two years out of surgery, I always had a date in front of my tv every day at 7pm (unless I was outside and active) watching Judge Judy and doing my treadmill for 4 miles. It worked for me.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active