munchies...

prdmomof3
on 5/14/11 12:01 am - Canada
What do you do if you have a craving for something to crunch on...I need something crunchy..I miss the crunch! LOL

I am on the soft diet now and nothing has bored me yet..I am able to eat everything it tells me too and haven't dumped yet or had the foamies..touch wood!! 

Michelle.

Karen M.
on 5/14/11 12:04 am - Mississauga, Canada
I missed the crunch too - found myself craving salads of all things. lol
Stick to your plan - you'll be crunching soon enough.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Marny B.
on 5/14/11 12:20 am - Canada
Unfortunately, I can't think of anything crunchy that fits the soft food category.  Sorry.

When you are onto solid fodds, try roasted soya beans.  For 1/4 cup, they have 11 grams of protein, they have a nice nutty taste, and a great crunch.  My only advice is that they can be a bit hard to adjust, so I eat that 1/4 of a cup over an hour- one small handful at a time.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

cindymbear
on 5/14/11 12:43 am - Brampton, Canada
I'm not near solid foods yet but I've read a lot on here about  roasted soya beans and they sound good.  Where can you buy them and do they come in a package like peanuts or are they just in bulk?  Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 7:09 am
Hi Cindy, congrats on your surgery. I buy roasted soy beans at the Bulk Barn. Cindy
flyingwoman
on 5/14/11 12:41 am
We were allowed saltines and melba toast (carefully, chewed well) on soft foods at humber. I would have 2 multigrain saltines with a tiny bit of peanut butter.

I second soy nuts when on to solids, and I sometimes would have 1/4 cup of kashi go lean.

These days I do a tiny bit of popcorn, cucumber slices, apple slices, or a few pieces of baked tortilla - I cut it up in tiny cracker size pieces spray with cooking spray and back, flip bake until crispy. With some kind of dip like tzatziki, hummous, black bean, pb2 yogurt or a spread like 95% fat free cream cheese and no sugar jam or a little no sugar peanut butter and a slice of banana.
JJ_
on 5/14/11 4:54 am
Just wondering.....if you could crunch some celery and spit it out???
Karen M.
on 5/14/11 5:04 am - Mississauga, Canada
A very bad habit to get into - eating something and then spitting it out.  Blah.  Makings of an eating disorder IMO.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active