I am so emotional today.

Jennifer D.
on 5/13/11 3:54 am
I agree with what everyone else said and I justed wanted to add that you should not think of it as the last time in a long time but take it one day at a time. You can do this, just for today or..errr... tomorrow : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
trudylam
on 5/13/11 4:17 am - Sudbury, Canada
You are totally right!  I can do this for one day at a time.  Makes a big difference when I look at it that way. :)

Thanks so much guys, it's so great to be able to talk about my fears and worries here when I can't really talk about them at home.  DH is so supportive but let's face it...he's a guy! LOL  No offense gentlemen. :)

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 5:50 am - Canada
You will do great.  Remember to take it one day at a time. One week before I started Optifast I had every fast food going, lobster, Chinese, Creek, you name it I had it.  I was on a food binge to the point where I got worried.  If it was eatable, I was eating it.  I am 6 week post op and I never think of those foods anymore. In fact the first day post-op, my romance with food was over. I never think of those kinds of foods anymore and I can honestly say that I can't even remember what some of those taste like anymore. Very strange but I have no cravings at all.  maybe later they will come along but for now.......... Have a great day!
Donnaslifepart2
on 5/14/11 5:50 am - Canada
Trudy, Optifast hell is more like Optifast purgatory for me.  What I mean by that is it is forcing me to examine all the reasons that I eat.  I'm not  very hungry but I want food...because I see it on tv,,,because my family is eating it...because I'm, bored, tired, lonely, etc., etc. I have been trying to get stuff done that I won't be able to do for awhile such as prep my garden and plant the stuff that goes in early - peas, lettuce, etc.

I am 5 days in and doing fine.  you'll be fine too.  We can do this.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics