I caved and bought a scale.

trudylam
on 4/27/11 2:49 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Until today I decided I was not going to buy a scale.  I am worried that I will become obsessed with it and want to weigh myself daily.  I don't want to panic when the scale doesn't change for a few days at a time.  I really want to work the tool and not the scale.  That being said, I think that I can handle it and if I can't, my husband will have to hide it from me. LOL 

noofygirl
on 4/27/11 2:52 pm - Kingston, ON, Canada
 Yeah, I've been on mine 3 times today!  I was so happy that I was down 3 pounds in 24 hours.  I have to stay away from it though!  I will be bad I think!  Someone may have to have an intervention...and I am only at the Opti stage!!!
Referral sent by my Dr Feb 2010... 1st Seminar Dec 20/10.... Met Dr. Jan 13/11.... Gastric Bypass Class Jan 13/11.... SW appt Feb 9/11... NUT appt Feb 9/11... 2nd Dr. appt Feb 24/11...PreOp appt Apr 20/11....Optifast Apr 26/11...2nd PreOp (with my family Doctor) May 9/11...SURGERY MAY 17/11!!!  
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 3:11 pm, edited 4/27/11 3:13 pm - Kingston, Canada
Be careful with your expectations though. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day due to water retention, food in your belly etc.

You should weight yourself once a day (preferably once a week though) but at the same times. Morning is always best as youre not full of liquids and/or foods
Donnaslifepart2
on 4/27/11 7:42 pm - Canada
There is nothing wrong with owning a scale. You could plan to use it along with measuring your body. If you don't also have time to measure, don't weigh.That way you won't be stepping on and off and messing with your head. I think I may even make a weekly ceremony out of this process attended by my hubby and kids.
mom4life
on 4/27/11 8:16 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
I am a bit scale obsessed.  I definitely weigh every day.  However, if the numbers drop a bit, Great!  If they don't, no worries, I don't let it ruin my mood, or my day.  I know that my weight bounces around by 1 to 1 1/2 pounds for a few days (sometimes longer) and then I will drop for a few days in a row...it's just the way my body loses, and I am okay with that.  BUT I need to know those numbers...but that's just me.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 1:56 am - Toronto, Canada
I ordered the Biggest Loser scale last night from well.ca  - I have a dial scale at home and cant see the dang numbers on it!  LOL!  My scale only goes to 300lbs and Im more than that so when it goes around again I cant see the numbers.  The one I ordered last night is digital and goes to 400lbs. 

Im hoping I dont become scale obsessed.  It'll be nice to be able to track my progress week to week.  After all, the whole point of the sugery IS to lose weight. 
HRBypass
on 4/28/11 2:34 am, edited 4/28/11 2:34 am
Congratulations! One of the main goals I wanted to achieve some day was to purchase a scale without turning into a foaming, sobbing ball at cash - you've succeeded! That being said, you've already gotten some great advice, and I agree with all of them. If you can, try to weigh in only once a week. (I chose Mondays) It does get tricky to stand by that sometimes, but do remember that weight flunctuates numerous times a day, for numerous reasons, and that even if you hit a stall and the numbers stay the same, you may very well be losing inches. (: Best of luck, show that scale who's boss!
sueberman
on 4/28/11 2:45 am
I usually only weigh myself Monday mornings right after my shower.  However, cause I was hovering around the 100 lb lost mark I was on it yesterday and this morning.  It's exciting to see how much weight you're losing.  I checked more often at first -

cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Most Active
Recent Topics