OT-Tornado Watch

trudylam
on 4/10/11 12:20 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hi everyone, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that most of southern Ontario is under a tornado watch overnight.  Check out www.theweathernetwork.com to see if your area is affected.  Stay safe everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 12:33 pm - Canada
Wow....thanks for the info. I would not have checked the weather before bed.

Eileen C.
on 4/10/11 1:00 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Thanks for the update

Hope everyone will be okay

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
trudylam
on 4/10/11 1:15 pm - Sudbury, Canada
The tornado watch has been lifted.  Now we have severe thunderstorm watches in effect.  Yes, I am a tornadophobic. LOL  I know that's not the correct term but they scare the pants off me. :)  Take care everyone :)

Goodnight.

Monica M.
on 4/10/11 9:41 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
they scare me too, Trudy. i see there's no warning now, but the wind keeps gtting up there

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 8:03 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
We had high winds up north and then the rain just pelted down so hard it woke me up a few times and woke up to a flooded basement at 5am.  Just effin lovely.  Now I get to deal with the insurance company and finding a contractor AGAIN!!!
trudylam
on 4/10/11 10:40 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Oh wow!  That sucks!  I have never had a flooded basement (knock on wood).  The best of luck to you.  How far up north are you?  My inlaws live in Blind River and I know that finding a contractor isn't always an easy task.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 11:25 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I had a 3 foot sewage back up in 1997 in my other house and it was a mess.  This is only about 8 inches but everything is ruined as we were storing a lot of stuff down there on the floor.  I'm up in Timmins so way further north than Blind River.  LOL
Ezlivin
on 4/10/11 9:05 pm - Windsor, Canada
No tornado here....slept like a baby!

Surprising because tornado's scare the bejeebers out of me too.

May 6 2003, our house wa**** by a tornado, while we were home!!!!

Enviroment Canada came to the house and determined it was an F1...so when I see the bigger ones on TV, I shudder........

$20,000.00 in damages later (and that's not including the yard damage as that wasn't covered...that was another $10,000.00!) and quite a mess......we can ail remember it like it was yesterday....

The sound, yup just like a freight train, the pressure change, yup pops your ears, and the precise path it takes.....two garage cans at the road, one stayed right there and the other one was two blocks over!!!!

We were in the paper and on t.v......and imagine what they thought at work when I called in and said I needed the day off as my house got hit by a tornado!!!   He he...but my boss did see us in the media and we had a good chuckle about never hearing an excuse like that before!!!

They called me Dorothy and my little dog Toto when I went back to work...hehe

Sorry for the long post ....you brought me back......
Judy

Surgeon's goal 155 - 160
NUT goal 140
My own personal goal  125.

HW  237(Optifast weight)  SW  214   CW  111

Yummy recipies to try.....  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/welcome/  

trudylam
on 4/10/11 10:36 pm - Sudbury, Canada
That's so scary!  We had one here a few years ago that hit about 3 blocks away.  It was an F1 too. Man, it was scary.  I had the kids in the basement under the stairs and the wind just shook the house.  My biggest fear is that one will hit overnight while we are sleeping and I can't get the kids safe, so when there is a warning at night I have to stay up until it's over.  Last night we just had a really loud thunderstorm with some amazing lightning.  Lots of heavy rain too.  Glad everyone is safe! 

Most Active
Recent Topics