What is your least noble reason for wanting to lose weight?

sam1am
on 4/5/11 10:14 pm
Great answers, I loved every one of them!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

honourh
on 4/6/11 12:00 am - BARRIE, Canada
I want to be the Yummy Mummy...I want to share clothes with my daughter...I want to have sex in positions I was never able to do before...
~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

Consult  254.8lbs  Surg.  220lbs NUT Goal 140lbs
  My Goal 127lbs   REACHED!!                
Karen M.
on 4/6/11 12:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
Re. Yummy Mummy - did I ever tell you the story of how my son told me to stop losing weight because he wanted me looking like a mom not a MILF?  lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

honourh
on 4/6/11 3:36 am - BARRIE, Canada
No you didn't but that is hilarious...MILF works for me too though LOL
~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

boogyshoes
on 4/6/11 12:05 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada
I want people to look at my husband (who is smoking hot) and I, and not wonder what on earth he is doing with me.

And I don't want to be the one fat Mom dropping my kids off at school.   

I want men to look at me again as a woman with some sex appeal, not with disgust or complete ambivalence.

Referral to TWH: June 30, 2010                 Dietitian & Nutrition ClassTWH: Oct 12, 2010                   
Orientation TWH:  Aug 11, 2010                Psych Appt TWH:   Nov 1st, 2010
Nurse & Social Worker TWH: Oct 7, 2010    Meet Dr. Penner:  Dec 3, 2010           
PATS: Jan 4, 2011                                     RNY w Dr. Okrainec:  Jan 17, 2011
HW: 299.8     SW: 282     

honourh
on 4/6/11 3:35 am - BARRIE, Canada

I totally hear ya on the first point...my guy is hot and I always felt like people were looking at us and trying to figure out what he was doing with me...sad but true...

WildAngel
on 4/6/11 12:51 am - Windsor, Canada
I have a few reasons that were on the bottom of my list for having the surgery:

1. So my first husband and his wife could eat their hearts out after years of ``dissing`` my weight and knowing he would be jealous that my new husband would be enjoying my body now lol

2. As an ``Eff You!`` to ppl who insulted me because of my weight, like my sister who once told me ``Why don`t you go gain another 300 lbs!``

3. I am now the smallest one in my family after always being the biggest. I am smaller than my parents and my sister who always were skinny and healthy, but now it hurts to see them gain so much weight and have health issues because of it.

4. Because one former friend didn`t think I could lose the weight and she actually tried to beat me at losing when I had my surgery, doing it on her own until I lost 40 lbs the month after my surgery...3 years later she still won`t talk to me and tells ppl I will gain it back lol
  Gina Musselman-Hill's Facebook profile

Click here to read my WLS journal  

Tracey H.
on 4/6/11 10:03 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
1) To be able to go to the mall and buy whatever I want - sexy clothes, boots, designer labels etc..
2) To have mens heads turn when I walk by - not because i'm pretty, but because I have a smokin hot body!
3) To sit in a doctor's office/dentist office/restaurant and NOT be the fattest one in the room, and NOT have the people around me looking at me like i'm disgusting.
4) To be able to get down on the ground and play with my kids and jump up whenever I want, not having to literally pull myself up.
5) To NOT be larger than my hubby - which I am now.
6) To have my hubby be able to pick me up and carry me to the bedroom!

Ya! That's what I want! hehehehehe 
onikenbai
on 4/6/11 3:53 pm - Canada
So I can walk by my mother and do the passive-aggressive tummy pat on HER and tell her to suck it in.  Every time she has walked by me for the last 10 years she has done this, and it's getting damn old.

laura S.
on 4/6/11 10:13 pm - London, Canada
My boss has said a few times that I better not ever get smaller than her and then kinda chuckles as if that would never happen... guess what my least noble reason for wanting to lose weight is!  hehe!     (Unfortunately it really won't ever happen.. she's small boned and I'm just not built like that... still one can dream right?  LOL)  Seriously though... why they hell would someone say that? Then she'll start talking about saggy skin and make gagging noises.   Oh well.. gives me motivation right and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and all that!

Most Active