Silly NSV

elizabeth G.
on 4/3/11 6:18 am - Canada
Hello again,

I had to share this with you because I feel you would be able to understand why I had so much fun with this NSV  :)

When i was at work, on Tuesday, i was doing a lot of stuff to get ready to leave for 2 weeks.  It was the end of the day and i was pushing a cart down one of the main halls in the school.  I stood on some food or garbage and I started to fall . I remember feeling panic as I was falling to the floor and praying nobody was witnessing this event.  I hit my left knee ( have a dandy bruise) and ended up on my butt.  I remember sitting there looking around to make sure nobody had seen it (nobody had) and I began to pick my self up off the floor.  Here is the fun part (to me at least), I picked my self up with no real effort.  One of my greatest fears pre-WLS was falling, because I knew it would going to be a struggle getting up.  I could not help to laugh and smile,  as odd as it may sound, the fall was great!!!  i did not really hurt myself and it helped remind me how far I have come on this journey.  I really needed that reminder because i do not always see it when I look in the mirror (damn mind games).

Thanks for letting me indulge 
DS SURGERY NOV 20, 2009
210 POUNDS LOST SO FAR
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 6:30 am
Oh Elizabeth I can so relate. What a victory that we don't feel embarrassed when we fall anymore.
DS Facts
on 4/3/11 6:38 am
I'm glad you're ok =) It's so ironic how the wows can hit us sometimes!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 8:46 am - Guelph, Canada
 Glad to hear you are alright... please make sure you report the fall to admin... you never know if there was a tear or a bone chip thats going to rear its ugly head in 6 months from now... 
Jennifer D.
on 4/3/11 9:42 am
Glad you weren't hurt! Where are you off to?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Most Active
Recent Topics